Warfarin sodium and Muscle strain - from FDA reports
Muscle strain is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Muscle strain with Warfarin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,510 people who have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 28, 2017
51,510 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin Sodium.
Among them, 43 people (0.08%) have Muscle Strain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Warfarin Sodium when people have Muscle Strain *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle Strain when taking Warfarin Sodium *:
- female: 48.84 %
- male: 51.16 %
Age of people who have Muscle Strain when taking Warfarin Sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.78 %
- 40-49: 5.56 %
- 50-59: 38.89 %
- 60+: 52.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (22 people, 51.16%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (3 people, 6.98%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (3 people, 6.98%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 4.65%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (25 people, 58.14%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 53.49%)
- Aredia (22 people, 51.16%)
- Magnesium (21 people, 48.84%)
- Dexamethasone (16 people, 37.21%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain (31 people, 72.09%)
- Stress And Anxiety (28 people, 65.12%)
- Pain (27 people, 62.79%)
- Pneumonia (26 people, 60.47%)
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (25 people, 58.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle strain when taking Warfarin sodium?
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 54,978 users)
Muscle strain (an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibres tear) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 6,226 Muscle strain patients).