Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Cramps - leg (Leg pain)?
Summary: Cramps - leg is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Digoxin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 47,462 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Cramps - leg. Find out below who they are, when they have Cramps - leg and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Cramps - leg >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Cramps - leg
Cramps - leg (involuntary muscle contractions of leg) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 1,087 Cramps - leg patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 47,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 9 people (0.02%) have Cramps - Leg.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Cramps - leg * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cramps - leg||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cramps - leg when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Cramps - leg||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Cramps - leg when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Cramps - leg||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||77.78% |
Severity of Cramps - leg when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cramps - leg||11.11%||22.22%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cramps - leg ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cramps - leg||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 44.44%)
- High blood cholesterol (3 people, 33.33%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 22.22%)
- Blood thinner (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (3 people, 33.33%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 33.33%)
- Gabapentin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Verapamil hydrochloride (2 people, 22.22%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Warfarin sodium and cramps - leg on
Do you have Cramps - Leg while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Cramps - Leg
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Cramps - Leg
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect for a 67-year old woman with Parkinson's Disease, Parkinsonism. The patient has Leg Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.