Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Cramps - leg (Leg pain)?
Summary: Cramps - leg is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Digoxin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 47,472 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Cramps - leg. Find out below who they are, when they have Cramps - leg and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Cramps - leg >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 49,224 Warfarin sodium users)
Cramps - leg
Cramps - leg (involuntary muscle contractions of leg) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 1,087 Cramps - leg patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 47,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 9 people (0.02%) have Cramps - Leg.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Cramps - leg * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cramps - leg||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cramps - leg when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Cramps - leg||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Cramps - leg when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Cramps - leg||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||77.78% |
Severity of Cramps - leg when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cramps - leg||11.11%||22.22%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cramps - leg ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cramps - leg||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 44.44%)
- High blood cholesterol (3 people, 33.33%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 22.22%)
- Blood thinner (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (3 people, 33.33%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 33.33%)
- Gabapentin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Verapamil hydrochloride (2 people, 22.22%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of warfarin sodium and cramps - leg on
Do you have Cramps - Leg while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Cramps - Leg
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Cramps - Leg
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Fluoxetine for a 41-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Hip Pain, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Cold, Pain - Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Ranitidine, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Arthritis, Over Acid Stomach, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Cholestasis
- A study of side effects of Ceftin for a 34-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Leg Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.