Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Furosemide, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 47,462 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 248 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Fluid retention >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,437 Fluid retention patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 47,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 248 people (0.52%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Fluid retention||57.60%||42.40% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.45%||0.45%||2.27%||9.55%||28.18%||59.09% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fluid retention||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (24 people, 9.68%)
- Atrial fibrillation (21 people, 8.47%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (20 people, 8.06%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (17 people, 6.85%)
- Depression (13 people, 5.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (82 people, 33.06%)
- Digoxin (66 people, 26.61%)
- Lasix (51 people, 20.56%)
- Potassium chloride (45 people, 18.15%)
- Simvastatin (39 people, 15.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of warfarin sodium and fluid retention on
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Coumadin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner. The patient has Spider Fingers (a condition in which the fingers are abnormally long and slender in comparison to the palm of the hand)
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.