Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Indigestion?
Summary: Indigestion is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 47,419 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 232 have Indigestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Indigestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Indigestion >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 49,175 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, pain.(latest reports from Indigestion 51,731 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 47,419 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 231 people (0.49%) have Indigestion.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Indigestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Warfarin sodium * :
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Warfarin sodium * :
Severity of Indigestion when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Indigestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (59 people, 25.54%)
- Metastases to bone (21 people, 9.09%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 6.06%)
- Urinary tract infection (14 people, 6.06%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 5.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (64 people, 27.71%)
- Digoxin (61 people, 26.41%)
- Potassium chloride (45 people, 19.48%)
- Aspirin (43 people, 18.61%)
- Celebrex (38 people, 16.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Indigestion while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Indigestion
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Indigestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mother was heart patient .mitral valve changed with metallic valve in 1999. now she is suffering from golbladder stone. is it possible to do next surgery or what is the treatment suggestion . (2 answers)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Gallstones, Pain And Vomiting, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
My mother was heart patient.Mitral valve changed with metallic valve in 1999. now she is suffering from gollbladder stone.Due to this some time she is feeling pain sometimes. Is it possible to do next surgery or what is the treatment suggestion Please repply.
- Can warfarin cause prolonged chest infections?
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Chronic Chest Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I have been on Warfarin for 3 years because of atrial fibrillation, and coincidentally or not, since then I have had a chronic chest infection which never clears. I have had scores of antibiotics which have not helped at all. When I cough I sound like I smoke 60 cigarettes daily, I have never smoked in my life. I sound like someone who has cystic fibrosis or COPD. My doctors never seem concerned that this has gone on so long, they just tell me I need to go on more holidays in the sunshine! It's getting me and my family down, and I don't know what to do.
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Can msm replace warfarin (2 answers)
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Valve Replacements, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I'm sick of feeling like crap since I been on warfarin five years. And want to try msm
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that her blood pressure was too low for them to give her lasix but for the past 3 hrs her readings are 114/55. Im just so torn knowing that she has her own meds of lasix at home that i can bring to her. Can someone out there please help? So thankful to have a forum like this to express our concerns knowing they would be helped.
More questions for: Warfarin sodium, Indigestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my food, anything fresh out of microwave. Now I smell it in my bowel movement. I called Doctor earlier in week reported. He wants to wait about a week and call back if persists. I am a diabetic and first few days this helped. Doctor reduced my insulin and got me off glimepiride and my Sugar readings have been higher since such as 175-200. This is my only medicine change close to time period. Please respond with help or if you experience similar problems.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR to rise too high. ny comments ? Its Sunday. No need to say more.
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking about, I was aghast and ashamed. The sad thing is now I have to break some habits I started over that long period. If anyone knows of a person on these drugs and thinks their mood change is caused by a stroke you may want to think again. There were many physical side effects also caused by these drugs.
More reviews for: Warfarin sodium, Indigestion
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- I take other meds but have for a long time. Warfarin is the only new drug I am on and still trying to get to a therapeutic level. I got a UTI a few weeks ago, was treated and when finished, after a couple of days it came back. They said wrong drug so put on Bactrim. Took if for 6 days and full o ...
- Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Warfarin sodium, Indigestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.