Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Digoxin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 47,472 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 803 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Loss of appetite >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,329 Loss of appetite patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 47,472 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 803 people (1.69%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||31.68%||41.58%||6.93%||7.92%||7.92%||2.97%||0.99% |
Gender of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Loss of appetite||42.23%||57.77% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.50%||0.62%||0.87%||5.20%||15.61%||77.20% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (133 people, 16.56%)
- Hypertension (57 people, 7.10%)
- Depression (43 people, 5.35%)
- Prophylaxis (40 people, 4.98%)
- Constipation (32 people, 3.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (213 people, 26.53%)
- Furosemide (201 people, 25.03%)
- Aspirin (194 people, 24.16%)
- Lasix (156 people, 19.43%)
- Potassium chloride (116 people, 14.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Warfarin sodium and loss of appetite on
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a 50-year old woman with Indigestion. The patient has Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 45-year old woman with Panic Disorder. The patient has Lose Weight, Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.