Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 47,462 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 549 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Memory loss >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,420 Memory loss patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 47,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 549 people (1.16%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||9.09%||40.91%||9.09%||6.82%||9.09%||4.55%||20.45% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Memory loss||52.51%||47.49% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.22%||0.00%||0.00%||2.46%||6.03%||15.18%||76.12% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||16.67%||56.67%||26.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||0.00%||7.69%||92.31% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (62 people, 11.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation (48 people, 8.74%)
- Depression (47 people, 8.56%)
- Arthritis (38 people, 6.92%)
- Sleep disorder (29 people, 5.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (145 people, 26.41%)
- Lisinopril (135 people, 24.59%)
- Furosemide (107 people, 19.49%)
- Simvastatin (107 people, 19.49%)
- Lipitor (105 people, 19.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
coming to one year checkup on Warfarin for DVT IKNOW I HAVE HAD MEMORY PROBLEMS RIGHT FROM FIRST -CANT REMEMBER NAMES BOOKS READ,YESTERDAY ETC. IT USUALLY COMES BACK WITHIN AN HOUR
BUT PEOPLE NOTICE IT AND COMMENT.ONLY TAKE PROBIOTIC AND HAVE HAD TWO SERIES OF ANTIBIOTICS
FOR URINE INFECTIONS. WHAT IS THE DANGER IF I GO OFF OF WARFARIN AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of warfarin sodium and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 79-year old man with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin D, B-12, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 48-year old woman with Heart Disease, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety. The patient has Forgetfulness, Stammering, Disorientation
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.