Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Mood altered (Mood swings)?
Summary: Mood altered is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Digoxin, and have Depression.
We study 47,472 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Mood altered. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood altered and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Mood altered >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Mood altered (changes in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 24,776 Mood altered patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 47,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 53 people (0.11%) have Mood Altered.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Mood altered * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood altered||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Mood altered when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Mood altered||59.26%||40.74% |
Age of people who have Mood altered when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Mood altered||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.55%||4.55%||20.45%||22.73%||47.73% |
Severity of Mood altered when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood altered||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mood altered ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mood altered||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (8 people, 15.09%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (7 people, 13.21%)
- Heart rate irregular (6 people, 11.32%)
- Swelling (4 people, 7.55%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 7.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (16 people, 30.19%)
- Omeprazole (11 people, 20.75%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 16.98%)
- Azithromycin (8 people, 15.09%)
- Prilosec (8 people, 15.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mood Altered while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Mood Altered
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Mood Altered
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 47-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood)
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 28-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Change In Appetite, Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood), Change In Mentrual Cycle, Headache (pain in head), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin for a 26-year old man with Initial Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fear, Irritability, Mood Swings, Paranoia, Electric Shock
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.