Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Muscle strain?
Summary: Muscle strain is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 47,472 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Muscle strain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle strain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Muscle strain >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Muscle strain (an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibres tear) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 3,963 Muscle strain patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 47,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 38 people (0.08%) have Muscle Strain.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Muscle strain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle strain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle strain when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Muscle strain||42.11%||57.89% |
Age of people who have Muscle strain when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Muscle strain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.45%||32.26%||61.29% |
Severity of Muscle strain when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
How people recovered from Muscle strain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 52.63%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 5.26%)
- Pain (2 people, 5.26%)
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 5.26%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (1 people, 2.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (24 people, 63.16%)
- Zometa (23 people, 60.53%)
- Aredia (20 people, 52.63%)
- Magnesium (18 people, 47.37%)
- Celebrex (14 people, 36.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of warfarin sodium and muscle strain on
Do you have Muscle Strain while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Muscle Strain
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Muscle Strain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Coumadin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner. The patient has Spider Fingers (a condition in which the fingers are abnormally long and slender in comparison to the palm of the hand)
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Gabapentin, Prozac, Suboxone, Topamax for a 39-year old woman with Blood Clot - Lung, Pain, Depression, Withdrawal From Opioids, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Nerve Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Pulmonary Embolism, Neck Swelling, Neck Stiffness, Stuttering, Back Pain, Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable, Leg Cramps, Low Temp Fever For 3 Months, Pins And Needles In Hands And Feet, Tia
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.