Home > Warfarin > Petechiae > Warfarin and Petechiae
Review: could Warfarin cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
We study 47,385 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin from FDA and social media. Among them, 140 have Petechiae. Find out below who they are, when they have Petechiae and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Petechiae >>>
Warfarin sodium (latest outcomes from 49,137 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) (latest reports from 35,174 patients) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 47,385 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 140 people (0.30%) have Petechiae.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Petechiae * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Warfarin sodium * :
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Warfarin sodium * :
Severity of Petechiae when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Petechiae ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pulmonary embolism (23 people, 16.43%)
- Pneumonia (14 people, 10.00%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 7.86%)
- Glioblastoma multiforme (9 people, 6.43%)
- Atrial fibrillation (7 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (40 people, 28.57%)
- Metoclopramide (23 people, 16.43%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 16.43%)
- Heparin (21 people, 15.00%)
- Lasix (19 people, 13.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petechiae while taking Warfarin Sodium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Petechiae
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Petechiae
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
Tiny pin size red dots scattered on arm. Cannot be seen unless up close .
From this study (5 years ago):
Clotting rate varies. Are this and petehiae are result of interaction of these drugs?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Warfarin sodium, Petechiae
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
More reviews for: Warfarin sodium, Petechiae
On eHealthMe, Warfarin Sodium (warfarin sodium) is often used for atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions Warfarin Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Warfarin Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (23 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Back Pain
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Bipolar Disorder