Home > Warfarin sodium > Spitting up blood > Warfarin sodium and Spitting up blood
Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Spitting up blood (Coughing up blood)?
Summary: Spitting up blood is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 47,414 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 563 have Spitting up blood. Find out below who they are, when they have Spitting up blood and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Spitting up blood >>>
Warfarin sodium (latest outcomes from 49,163 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Spitting up blood
Spitting up blood (latest reports from 77,175 patients) has been reported by people with lung cancer - non-small cell, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 47,412 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 563 people (1.19%) have Spitting Up Blood.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Spitting up blood * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Spitting up blood||36.36%||23.38%||10.39%||5.19%||14.29%||3.90%||6.49% |
Gender of people who have Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Spitting up blood||30.39%||69.61% |
Age of people who have Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Spitting up blood||0.00%||0.55%||1.47%||2.57%||4.04%||3.49%||16.51%||71.38% |
Severity of Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Spitting up blood||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Spitting up blood ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Spitting up blood||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (82 people, 14.56%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (39 people, 6.93%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (38 people, 6.75%)
- Multiple myeloma (33 people, 5.86%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (21 people, 3.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (102 people, 18.12%)
- Furosemide (72 people, 12.79%)
- Digoxin (71 people, 12.61%)
- Zometa (66 people, 11.72%)
- Lasix (58 people, 10.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spitting Up Blood while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Spitting Up Blood
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Spitting Up Blood
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause prolonged chest infections?
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Chronic Chest Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I have been on Warfarin for 3 years because of atrial fibrillation, and coincidentally or not, since then I have had a chronic chest infection which never clears. I have had scores of antibiotics which have not helped at all. When I cough I sound like I smoke 60 cigarettes daily, I have never smoked ...
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Can msm replace warfarin
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Valve Replacements, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I'm sick of feeling like crap since I been on warfarin five years. And want to try msm
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has DVT, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
More questions for: Warfarin sodium, Spitting up blood
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy, Pulmonary Embolisms, Transient Ischemic Attacks, and takes Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate)
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
More reviews for: Warfarin sodium, Spitting up blood
- A study of drug interactions between Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Itching
Comments: saver itching prior to pulmonary embolism continuing after recovery of blood clots
- A study of side effects of Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Heart Attack. The patient has Bloody Sputum (blood in sputum)
Comments: my father is using atorvastatin for more than 4 years, now he has blood in sputum.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles)
Comments: 18 months on Predisone to recover fully. Now off Predisone.
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Comments: I was administered an immunization D tap shot, along with prescription for chantix on the same visit. Starting chantix the next day. This was a Wednesday by Monday I became very ill with a severe dry hacking cough. Pressure in my eyes, felt tired, tried antibiotics and no relief. Day 10 of chantix, ...
More related studies for: Warfarin sodium, Spitting up blood
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.