Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Spitting up blood (Coughing up blood)?
Summary: Spitting up blood is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 47,462 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 563 have Spitting up blood. Find out below who they are, when they have Spitting up blood and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Spitting up blood >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Spitting up blood
Spitting up blood has been reported by people with lung cancer - non-small cell, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 11,856 Spitting up blood patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 47,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 563 people (1.19%) have Spitting Up Blood.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Spitting up blood * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Spitting up blood||36.36%||23.38%||10.39%||5.19%||14.29%||3.90%||6.49% |
Gender of people who have Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Spitting up blood||30.39%||69.61% |
Age of people who have Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Spitting up blood||0.00%||0.55%||1.47%||2.57%||4.04%||3.49%||16.51%||71.38% |
Severity of Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Spitting up blood||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Spitting up blood ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Spitting up blood||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (82 people, 14.56%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (39 people, 6.93%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (38 people, 6.75%)
- Multiple myeloma (33 people, 5.86%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (21 people, 3.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (102 people, 18.12%)
- Furosemide (72 people, 12.79%)
- Digoxin (71 people, 12.61%)
- Zometa (66 people, 11.72%)
- Lasix (58 people, 10.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spitting Up Blood while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Spitting Up Blood
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Spitting Up Blood
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 37-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Coumadin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner. The patient has Spider Fingers (a condition in which the fingers are abnormally long and slender in comparison to the palm of the hand)
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.