Review: could Warfarin sodium cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 47,462 people who have side effects while taking Warfarin sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 670 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 49,219 Warfarin sodium users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,291 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 47,448 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium. Among them, 779 people (1.64%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||55.79%||18.95%||6.32%||9.47%||5.26%||4.21%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Urinary tract infection||63.29%||36.71% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Warfarin sodium * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.13%||0.53%||3.20%||4.66%||11.72%||79.76% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Warfarin sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (100 people, 12.84%)
- Urinary tract infection (65 people, 8.34%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (62 people, 7.96%)
- Hypertension (56 people, 7.19%)
- Pain (46 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (188 people, 24.13%)
- Aspirin (154 people, 19.77%)
- Digoxin (152 people, 19.51%)
- Lasix (134 people, 17.20%)
- Lisinopril (110 people, 14.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of warfarin sodium and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Warfarin Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Warfarin sodium
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
Recent Warfarin sodium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.