Warfarin sodium and Alcohol abuse - from FDA reports
Alcohol abuse is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Alcohol abuse with Warfarin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,967 people who have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
51,967 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium.
Among them, 64 people (0.12%) have Alcohol abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Alcohol abuse *:
- < 1 month: 29.41 %
- 1 - 6 months: 47.06 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.76 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.88 %
- 10+ years: 5.88 %
Gender of people who have Alcohol abuse when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- female: 22.95 %
- male: 77.05 %
Age of people who have Alcohol abuse when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.7 %
- 40-49: 9.26 %
- 50-59: 24.07 %
- 60+: 62.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pulmonary Embolism (4 people, 6.25%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 6.25%)
- Bulimia (3 people, 4.69%)
- Stroke (2 people, 3.12%)
- Heart Valve Surgery (2 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin (10 people, 15.62%)
- Simvastatin (9 people, 14.06%)
- Furosemide (9 people, 14.06%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 12.50%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 9.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased (32 people, 50.00%)
- Nausea (10 people, 15.62%)
- Fatigue (10 people, 15.62%)
- Weakness (9 people, 14.06%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 14.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Alcohol abuse when taking Warfarin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is alcohol abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlcohol abuse and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlcohol abuse and Warfarin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 55,462 users)
Alcohol abuse has been reported by people with depression, alcoholism, stress and anxiety, pain, quit smoking (latest reports from 11,482 Alcohol abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Warfarin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Alcohol abuseAlcohol abuse
Could your condition cause Alcohol abuseAlcohol abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Started on piogltazone 2 months ago,have been on warfarin for 8 years levels pretty stable,my inr levels have dropped even with increased dose warfarin,I am on lowest dose of piog 15 mg,any help please