Warfarin sodium and Fluid retention - from FDA reports
Fluid retention is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Furosemide, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Fluid retention with Warfarin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,967 people who have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
51,967 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium.
Among them, 297 people (0.57%) have Fluid retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Fluid retention *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- female: 55.67 %
- male: 44.33 %
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.39 %
- 20-29: 0.78 %
- 30-39: 2.73 %
- 40-49: 9.77 %
- 50-59: 23.83 %
- 60+: 62.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (46 people, 15.49%)
- Metastases To Bone (24 people, 8.08%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (20 people, 6.73%)
- Depression (15 people, 5.05%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (13 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (80 people, 26.94%)
- Digoxin (66 people, 22.22%)
- Lasix (59 people, 19.87%)
- Celebrex (40 people, 13.47%)
- Simvastatin (39 people, 13.13%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (73 people, 24.58%)
- Weight Increased (65 people, 21.89%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (56 people, 18.86%)
- Anaemia (50 people, 16.84%)
- Nausea (45 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fluid retention when taking Warfarin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is fluid retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFluid retention and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFluid retention and Warfarin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 55,462 users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,870 Fluid retention patients).