Warfarin sodium and Gallstones - from FDA reports
Gallstones is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Gallstones with Warfarin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,967 people who have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
51,967 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium.
Among them, 310 people (0.6%) have Gallstones
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Gallstones *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 45.45 %
- 6 - 12 months: 27.27 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.18 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gallstones when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- female: 38.44 %
- male: 61.56 %
Age of people who have Gallstones when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.79 %
- 30-39: 6.3 %
- 40-49: 6.3 %
- 50-59: 21.65 %
- 60+: 64.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (38 people, 12.26%)
- Bone Disorder (14 people, 4.52%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (14 people, 4.52%)
- Pain (11 people, 3.55%)
- Metastases To Bone (8 people, 2.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (83 people, 26.77%)
- Aspirin (81 people, 26.13%)
- Furosemide (79 people, 25.48%)
- Lisinopril (78 people, 25.16%)
- Lasix (76 people, 24.52%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (109 people, 35.16%)
- Stress And Anxiety (102 people, 32.90%)
- Fatigue (85 people, 27.42%)
- Injury (84 people, 27.10%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (77 people, 24.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gallstones when taking Warfarin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is gallstones caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGallstones and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGallstones and Warfarin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 55,462 users)
Gallstones (stone formation by bile component) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 33,398 Gallstones patients).
Browse all side effects of Warfarin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GallstonesGallstones
Could your condition cause GallstonesGallstones
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Started on piogltazone 2 months ago,have been on warfarin for 8 years levels pretty stable,my inr levels have dropped even with increased dose warfarin,I am on lowest dose of piog 15 mg,any help please