Warfarin sodium and Iron deficiency anaemia - from FDA reports
Iron deficiency anaemia is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer. This review analyzes which people have Iron deficiency anaemia with Warfarin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,967 people who have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
51,967 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium.
Among them, 158 people (0.3%) have Iron deficiency anaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- < 1 month: 16.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- female: 75.8 %
- male: 24.2 %
Age of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.62 %
- 20-29: 2.17 %
- 30-39: 15.94 %
- 40-49: 4.35 %
- 50-59: 25.36 %
- 60+: 48.55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer (18 people, 11.39%)
- Mineral Supplementation (14 people, 8.86%)
- Multiple Myeloma (11 people, 6.96%)
- Depression (10 people, 6.33%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (9 people, 5.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (70 people, 44.30%)
- Aredia (61 people, 38.61%)
- Lasix (52 people, 32.91%)
- Furosemide (44 people, 27.85%)
- Coumadin (40 people, 25.32%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (77 people, 48.73%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (59 people, 37.34%)
- Weakness (56 people, 35.44%)
- Breathing Difficulty (52 people, 32.91%)
- Stress And Anxiety (49 people, 31.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Warfarin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is iron deficiency anaemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIron deficiency anaemia and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIron deficiency anaemia and Warfarin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 55,462 users)
Iron deficiency anaemia
Iron deficiency anaemia has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter, acne, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 10,466 Iron deficiency anaemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Warfarin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Iron deficiency anaemiaIron deficiency anaemia
Could your condition cause Iron deficiency anaemiaIron deficiency anaemia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi, Im 55 years old and have been taking lamictal for 5 years plus at 300 mg per day dosage as a mood stabiliser. During the past two years or so I have developed progressive iron deficiency and a drop in haemoglobin to the point where it has now started affecting me. While my physician has ...
User reviews to the study
Have been on 400 mgs. of Gabapentin for two and a half months for head tremors. Three weeks ago noticed I wasn't feeling up to par. Had blood tests done and was told my iron count was down to 28 from 114 from six months ago. Am going to stop the Gabapentin. Never had a problem with my iron count ...