Warfarin sodium and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Shingles with Warfarin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,967 people who have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 30, 2017
51,967 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium.
Among them, 231 people (0.44%) have Shingles
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Shingles *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 42.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.29 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Shingles when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- female: 51.32 %
- male: 48.68 %
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.63 %
- 20-29: 1.63 %
- 30-39: 6.52 %
- 40-49: 5.43 %
- 50-59: 22.28 %
- 60+: 62.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (49 people, 21.21%)
- High Blood Pressure (18 people, 7.79%)
- Bone Disorder (15 people, 6.49%)
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 4.76%)
- Lupus Nephritis (9 people, 3.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (92 people, 39.83%)
- Aredia (77 people, 33.33%)
- Furosemide (60 people, 25.97%)
- Decadron (58 people, 25.11%)
- Aspirin (56 people, 24.24%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (100 people, 43.29%)
- Stress And Anxiety (86 people, 37.23%)
- Pneumonia (80 people, 34.63%)
- Back Pain (75 people, 32.47%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (73 people, 31.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Shingles when taking Warfarin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is shingles caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsShingles and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeShingles and Warfarin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 55,462 users)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 40,544 Shingles patients).
Browse all side effects of Warfarin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ShinglesShingles
Could your condition cause ShinglesShingles
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 69 yr. Old Female!!Have been taking flonase for 5 or 6 yrs.Broke out in shingles a yr. Ago..Have had 3 breakouts since..The last 2 breakouts were in less than a month of each other!!! Curious if it could possibly be a side effect from the flonase..am not taking any other medications!!
I have recently been diagnosed with cranial herpes zoster. During the prodromal stage, before the lesions became evident I experienced pain I my back where I had pain the last time I had shingles on my back and breast area. I also started having bladder pain. It feels like someone is ...
User reviews to the study
I am 38 years old women and have had reoccurring shingles on my left arm for 10 months. I have excruciating pain in my hand, thumb & 1st finger. I have tried gabapetin (max dose)with tramadol and paracetamol for 3 months but still in pain. I am now taking tramadol & paracetamol & ibruprofen with ...