Warfarin sodium and Spitting up blood - from FDA reports
Spitting up blood is found among people who take Warfarin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Spitting up blood with Warfarin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,967 people who have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
51,967 people reported to have side effects when taking Warfarin sodium.
Among them, 595 people (1.14%) have Spitting up blood
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Warfarin sodium when people have Spitting up blood *:
- < 1 month: 35.63 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.69 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.34 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.94 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.75 %
- 10+ years: 6.9 %
Gender of people who have Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- female: 34.43 %
- male: 65.57 %
Age of people who have Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.6 %
- 10-19: 1.98 %
- 20-29: 2.58 %
- 30-39: 4.76 %
- 40-49: 4.56 %
- 50-59: 18.45 %
- 60+: 67.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pulmonary Hypertension (42 people, 7.06%)
- Multiple Myeloma (32 people, 5.38%)
- Hypercalcaemia Of Malignancy (21 people, 3.53%)
- High Blood Pressure (18 people, 3.03%)
- Bone Disorder (17 people, 2.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (76 people, 12.77%)
- Furosemide (73 people, 12.27%)
- Digoxin (71 people, 11.93%)
- Zometa (66 people, 11.09%)
- Lasix (60 people, 10.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased (177 people, 29.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (108 people, 18.15%)
- Pneumonia (86 people, 14.45%)
- Cough (81 people, 13.61%)
- Chest Pain (79 people, 13.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Spitting up blood when taking Warfarin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is spitting up blood caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSpitting up blood and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSpitting up blood and Warfarin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 55,462 users)
Spitting up blood
Spitting up blood has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, primary pulmonary hypertension, stroke (latest reports from 19,290 Spitting up blood patients).
Browse all side effects of Warfarin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Spitting up bloodSpitting up blood
Could your condition cause Spitting up bloodSpitting up blood
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
My doctors started be on Xarelto after an episode of AF. The first time I took it at night and at 4.30 in the morning woke up with a strange taste in my mouth. I went and spat in the basin and was horrified to see a dark bloody sputum had accumulated. I stopped taking the Xarelto 20mg on medical ...