Review: could Welchol cause Arthralgia (Joint pain)?
Summary: Arthralgia is found among people who take Welchol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 3,858 people who have side effects while taking Welchol from FDA and social media. Among them, 156 have Arthralgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthralgia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Welchol and have Arthralgia >>>
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 4,027 Welchol users)
Arthralgia (joint pain) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 119,130 Arthralgia patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 3,858 people reported to have side effects when taking Welchol. Among them, 159 people (4.12%) have Arthralgia.
Time on Welchol when people have Arthralgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Arthralgia when taking Welchol * :
Age of people who have Arthralgia when taking Welchol * :
Severity of Arthralgia when taking Welchol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Arthralgia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (21 people, 13.21%)
- Crohn's disease (14 people, 8.81%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (12 people, 7.55%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 7.55%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 7.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (27 people, 16.98%)
- Nexium (26 people, 16.35%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 15.72%)
- Synthroid (23 people, 14.47%)
- Prilosec (21 people, 13.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthralgia while taking Welchol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Welchol and have Arthralgia
- support group for people who take Welchol
- support group for people who have Arthralgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 22-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Weight Below Normal, Joint Pain, Diarrhea, Fatigue - Chronic, Rash Erythematous
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 48-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of side effects of Welchol for a 74-year old woman with Diareaha. The patient has Hair Thinning
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
Recent Welchol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.