Welchol and Arthralgia - from FDA reports
Arthralgia is found among people who take Welchol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Arthralgia with Welchol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,735 people who have side effects when taking Welchol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
7,735 people reported to have side effects when taking Welchol.
Among them, 275 people (3.56%) have Arthralgia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Welchol when people have Arthralgia *:
- < 1 month: 52.78 %
- 1 - 6 months: 41.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.78 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Arthralgia when taking Welchol *:
- female: 65.54 %
- male: 34.46 %
Age of people who have Arthralgia when taking Welchol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.23 %
- 40-49: 16.13 %
- 50-59: 27.19 %
- 60+: 53.46 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (31 people, 11.27%)
- Crohn's Disease (27 people, 9.82%)
- Pain (26 people, 9.45%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (21 people, 7.64%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 6.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (34 people, 12.36%)
- Synthroid (32 people, 11.64%)
- Nexium (30 people, 10.91%)
- Humira (30 people, 10.91%)
- Prilosec (29 people, 10.55%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain In Extremity (57 people, 20.73%)
- Muscle Aches (57 people, 20.73%)
- Back Pain (57 people, 20.73%)
- Fatigue (48 people, 17.45%)
- Weakness (47 people, 17.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthralgia when taking Welchol?
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Welchol 7,992 users)
Arthralgia (joint pain) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 221,931 Arthralgia patients).