Review: could Welchol cause Elevated liver enzymes?
Summary: there is no Elevated liver enzymes reported by people who take Welchol yet.
We study 3,852 people who have side effects while taking Welchol from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Elevated liver enzymes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Welchol and have Elevated liver enzymes >>>
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Welchol 4,020 users)
Elevated liver enzymes
Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease.(view latest reports from 198 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Elevated Liver Enzymes while taking Welchol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Welchol
- support group for people who have Elevated Liver Enzymes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Have you been crippled, leg calf muscle area, by welchol?
Sudden onset of crippling pain in knee/upper area of right leg. First had a severe stabbing pain in upper part of calf right under the bend in the knee. Could not stand, put weight on the right leg. Severe pain if I put my big toe on the ground! 9 days later, the pain has not diminished but can stand on leg to walk a little.
- Drug interactions with gilizide, metformin, lisinopril and welchol (1 answer)
I have been on Janumet , lisinopril and simvastatin. Dr. Replaced simvastatin with Welchol due to muscle pains. We also switched from Janumet back to just Metformin since glipizide was helping so much. Pharmacist said not to take Welchol at the same time as the others due to binding. I take the others at breakfast and supper. So when is the best time to take the Welchol? Dr. Said I can take it at night but it needs to taken with food.
- Does welchol cause hair loss in women?
did not have hair loss until taking Welchol
- Triglyceride elevated cause by medication
I've been taking above @ 1 yr or less. Cholesterol has gone up--still no energy--now my TRIGLYCERIDE (blood test) has gone up to over 700. Asked for new test told No have another rd for you (do not know name haven't tried yet).
Dr. said TRI.... were high before. Yes 2010 in range of @250-300 (I don't remember).
Welchol taking 625mg. 6 pills/day. = 3750mg/ day
Synthroid 0.088. 1/day
Quest is....CAN THESE RX MAKE TRIGLYCERIDE sky rocket?
More questions for: Welchol, Elevated liver enzymes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cymbalta side effects
Cymbalta was prescribed in Sep. for pain associated with a total knee replacement which was done in Feb. During a yearly physical exam in April my AST and ALT numbers were 21 and 24. After taking Cymbalta for six days in September I noticed dark urine and immediately quit the Cymbalta. Labs done three days later showed my AST had risen to 569 and my ALT was 939. I saw a specialist and had labs done 10 days after stopping Cymbalta and my AST dropped to 27 and my ALT to 155. I will have them done again in three months. There is no doubt in my mind that Cymbalta was the culprit as all other meds, diet, etc. remained the same throughout this time frame.
More reviews for: Welchol, Elevated liver enzymes
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- VA and my Endocrinologist both have been doing special blood work since August 2014 and each test the liver enzymes are still elevated.
I have to see a Liver specialist when VA calls with an appointment.
- I have weekly migraines and have discovered in the last 9 months that I have elevated liver enzymes. I am healthy otherwise and rarely drink alcohol. I have used maxalt for several years and in the last year have been given a generic brand of maxalt from my pharmacist.
- Had very high liver enzymes just days after taking Bactrim DS & Ibuprofen 800 mg together for 2 weeks. Had dark urine & vomiting while taking meds. Had gallbladder removed and had trouble with blood clotting after surgery. Needed several blood transfusions due to blood clotting issues. Now have on g ...
- I have have been taking hydrochlorothiazide for 32 years. I would like to know all the long term side effects of taking the drug. I always have unusual fatigue. I also have borderline elevated liver enzymes. Low thyroid count, low platelets. I ride a bicycle, do hot yoga and work full time.
More related studies for: Welchol, Elevated liver enzymes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.