Home > Welchol > Flushing > Welchol and Flushing
Review: could Welchol cause Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Flushing is found among people who take Welchol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 3,850 people who have side effects while taking Welchol from FDA and social media. Among them, 197 have Flushing. Find out below who they are, when they have Flushing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Welchol and have Flushing >>>
Welchol (latest outcomes from 4,020 users) has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) (latest reports from 377,846 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 3,847 people reported to have side effects when taking Welchol. Among them, 197 people (5.12%) have Flushing.
Time on Welchol when people have Flushing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Welchol * :
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Welchol * :
Severity of Flushing when taking Welchol ** :
How people recovered from Flushing ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (47 people, 23.86%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (26 people, 13.20%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (21 people, 10.66%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (21 people, 10.66%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 8.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (143 people, 72.59%)
- Aspirin (92 people, 46.70%)
- Zetia (34 people, 17.26%)
- Crestor (30 people, 15.23%)
- Plavix (26 people, 13.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flushing while taking Welchol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Welchol and have Flushing
- support group for people who take Welchol
- support group for people who have Flushing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Have you been crippled, leg calf muscle area, by welchol?
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Debilitating Pain Through Out Leg Area, Butt To Ankle, and takes Welchol)
Sudden onset of crippling pain in knee/upper area of right leg. First had a severe stabbing pain in upper part of calf right under the bend in the knee. Could not stand, put weight on the right leg. Severe pain if I put my big toe on the ground! 9 days later, the pain has not diminished but can stan ...
- I use axiron and levitra together
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Flushing)
when i take my 5mg of levitra i get flush in the face i also take one pump of axiron in the morning and still having problems down below
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
More questions for: Welchol, Flushing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
More reviews for: Welchol, Flushing
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a patient with Depression. The patient has Red Face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck)
Comments: i have a hot face on a daily basis, and i get hot flushes on a daily basis since march 2014. i have noticed mild flushing before that when i started taking it 2 years ago but its only gotten bad since march 2014
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Fatigue, Red Face
Comments: I have been on omeprazole for four days at first I felt very exhausted and sometimes dizzy now taking half of recommended dose of 20 mg also only taking 75 mg ranitidine instead of 300mg as I was getting dizzy and did not know which drug causing it. Generally not feeling well. I had been taking esom ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega 3, Multivitamin, Solodyn, Spironolactone for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Acne. The patient has Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Dizziness, Depression, Heart Palpitations, Skin Blushing/flushing
Comments: I also saw flashes of light, feel as if my body is buzzing at night when I can't sleep, feel as if the floor is moving, have terrible mood swings, my throat tightens during exercise, racing heart, extremely cold hands
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, Welchol, Protonix, Phentermine, Ambien, Remeron, Abilify, Cymbalta for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar, Barrett's Esophagus, Weight Loss, Insomnia, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Depression Postmenopausal. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: Since hospitalized for diagnosis of Barett's disease in mid august have lost almost 30 lbs., constantly weak and fatigued when though weighing more was very fit. Now can hardly make it to 7:30 for bed.
More related studies for: Welchol, Flushing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.