Review: could Welchol cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Welchol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 3,858 people who have side effects while taking Welchol from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle cramps >>>
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 4,026 Welchol users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,830 Muscle cramps patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 3,857 people reported to have side effects when taking Welchol. Among them, 38 people (0.99%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Welchol when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||40.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle cramps||61.36%||38.64% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.71%||48.57%||45.71% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Welchol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (9 people, 23.68%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 10.53%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (4 people, 10.53%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (3 people, 7.89%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (6 people, 15.79%)
- Baycol (5 people, 13.16%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (5 people, 13.16%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 13.16%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of welchol and muscle cramps on
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Welchol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Welchol
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 55-year old woman with Scleroderma. The patient has Muscle Cramps
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Digoxin for a 32-year old woman with Tachycardia Paroxysmal. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Lo/ovral-28, Metoprolol Succinate for a 50-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Birth Control, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (psvt). The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Vision Blurred, Cluster Headaches, Migraine, Abdominal Pain Upper, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Muscle Twitching, Chest Pain, Joint Deposit, Chest Pressure Sensation
Recent Welchol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.