Home > Welchol > Muscle cramps > Welchol and Muscle cramps
Review: could Welchol cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Welchol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have Hypercholesterolaemia.
We study 3,850 people who have side effects while taking Welchol from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle cramps >>>
Welchol (latest outcomes from 4,020 users) has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 10,796 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 3,847 people reported to have side effects when taking Welchol. Among them, 38 people (0.99%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Welchol when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||40.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle cramps||61.36%||38.64% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.71%||48.57%||45.71% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Welchol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (9 people, 23.68%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 10.53%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (4 people, 10.53%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (3 people, 7.89%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (6 people, 15.79%)
- Baycol (5 people, 13.16%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (5 people, 13.16%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 13.16%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Welchol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Welchol
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Have you been crippled, leg calf muscle area, by welchol?
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Debilitating Pain Through Out Leg Area, Butt To Ankle, and takes Welchol)
Sudden onset of crippling pain in knee/upper area of right leg. First had a severe stabbing pain in upper part of calf right under the bend in the knee. Could not stand, put weight on the right leg. Severe pain if I put my big toe on the ground! 9 days later, the pain has not diminished but can stan ...
- Have people on pravstatin experienced muscle cramps on the same level as those taking zocor?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, and takes Zocor, Pravastatin Sodium)
experience severe thigh cramps often when using Zocor.
afraid to start using pravastatin and wonder if pravastatin would cause the same
- Drug interactions with gilizide, metformin, lisinopril and welchol
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Diabetic Type 2, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Welchol, Metformin, Glipizide, Lisinopril)
I have been on Janumet , lisinopril and simvastatin. Dr. Replaced simvastatin with Welchol due to muscle pains. We also switched from Janumet back to just Metformin since glipizide was helping so much. Pharmacist said not to take Welchol at the same time as the others due to binding. I take the othe ...
More questions for: Welchol, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
More reviews for: Welchol, Muscle cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: I think that I've just made the connection between muscle cramps in both feet, calf muscles, chest muscle, hands, upper arms and temples with starting on Symbicort a few months ago. Are there any alternative medications with the same effect on asthma related breathing problems.
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Baclofen, Ferrous Fumarate, Esomeprazole Sodium, Prednisone, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Muscle Spasms, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Sarcoidosis, Neuropathy. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Muscle Weakness, Swollen Legs, Sleeplessness, Itchy All Over, Dizziness, Spiking Temperature, Numbness, Leg Pain, Hot Hands
Comments: Chronic headaches and blurred vision have increased since starting steriods. Also cloudy head with a feeling of brain and body not connecting.
Falling asleep at computer desk.
Hot hads have only started in past week.
Diagnised with sarcoidosis in January.
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Vincristine Sulfate, Rituxan, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Warfarin Sodium, Neurontin, Furosemide, Digoxin, Coreg, Klor-con M10, Nexium for a patient with Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma Stage Iv, Congestive Cardiac Failure, Mechanical Heart Valve, Neuropathy, Blood Potassium Decreased, Upset Stomach. The patient has Muscle Cramps
Comments: After undergoing chemo for Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma I have been getting severe leg cramps at night and sometimes during the day. Never had them before until beginning chemo. I now only receive rituxan every 8 weeks.
More related studies for: Welchol, Muscle cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.