Home > Welchol > Muscle cramps > Welchol and Muscle cramps
Review: could Welchol cause Muscle cramps?
We study 3,847 people who have side effects while taking Welchol from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle cramps >>>
Welchol (latest outcomes from 4,014 users) has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 51,026 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 3,845 people reported to have side effects when taking Welchol. Among them, 38 people (0.99%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Welchol when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||40.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle cramps||61.36%||38.64% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.71%||48.57%||45.71% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Welchol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (9 people, 23.68%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 10.53%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (4 people, 10.53%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (3 people, 7.89%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (6 people, 15.79%)
- Baycol (5 people, 13.16%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (5 people, 13.16%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 13.16%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Welchol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle Cramps
- group for people who take Welchol
- group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
I cannot take other Chol meds due to the side effects of cramping and difficulty walking chol is 213
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Welchol, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
More reviews for: Welchol, Muscle cramps
On eHealthMe, Welchol (colesevelam hydrochloride) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Welchol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Welchol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Subclavian Artery Stenosis
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (19 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (36 minutes ago)
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (3 hours ago)
- Aortic Valve Repair
- Hiv Infection Cdc Group Iv Subgroup C1
- Cytomel (king Pharms) Eq 0.05mg Base
- Bacteria Nos Urine Identified