Review: could Welchol cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Welchol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 3,858 people who have side effects while taking Welchol from FDA and social media. Among them, 280 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle pain >>>
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 4,026 Welchol users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,516 Muscle pain patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 3,858 people reported to have side effects when taking Welchol. Among them, 280 people (7.26%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Welchol when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||40.54%||37.84%||14.86%||2.70%||4.05%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle pain||61.76%||38.24% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Welchol * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.45%||9.95%||28.51%||61.09% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Welchol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||70.00%||20.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (47 people, 16.79%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (34 people, 12.14%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (33 people, 11.79%)
- Arthritis (24 people, 8.57%)
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 6.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (52 people, 18.57%)
- Lipitor (45 people, 16.07%)
- Zetia (45 people, 16.07%)
- Fosamax (28 people, 10.00%)
- Niaspan (27 people, 9.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of welchol and muscle pain on
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Welchol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Welchol and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Welchol
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Valium for a 62-year old man with Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Trimethoprim for a 69-year old woman with Bladder Infection. The patient has Muscle Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Welchol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.