Home > Wellbutrin sr > Weight gain > Wellbutrin sr and Weight gain
Review: could Wellbutrin sr cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 7,008 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin sr from FDA and social media. Among them, 290 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Wellbutrin sr and have Weight gain >>>
Wellbutrin sr (latest outcomes from 8,105 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 6,997 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin sr. Among them, 290 people (4.14%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Wellbutrin sr when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||35.56%||13.33%||17.78%||13.33%||11.11%||8.89% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Wellbutrin sr * :
|Weight gain||0.75%||0.00%||1.13%||5.28%||29.81%||31.32%||24.91%||6.79% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Wellbutrin sr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||51.61%||41.94%||6.45% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||12.50%||0.00%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (127 people, 43.79%)
- Pain (46 people, 15.86%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 13.45%)
- Bipolar disorder (33 people, 11.38%)
- Insomnia (32 people, 11.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (92 people, 31.72%)
- Zyprexa (85 people, 29.31%)
- Paxil (76 people, 26.21%)
- Celexa (57 people, 19.66%)
- Risperdal (50 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Wellbutrin Sr?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin sr and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin sr
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Wellbutrin sr, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Wellbutrin caused my trigeminal neurlagia
So I'm writing this to hopefully shed light to other users in the same position I was in. I had taken Wellbutrin for about 4 years. The pain experienced in my face was excruciatingly painful. It was just on one side of my face between my temple and upper lip. All the symptoms reflected Trigeminal Ne ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
More reviews for: Wellbutrin sr, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Wellbutrin Sr (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Wellbutrin Sr is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Wellbutrin Sr used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Gilenya for a patient with Depression, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Dry Throat, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Lower Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Wellbutrin Xl, Diazepam, Seroquel Xr, Yaz for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar 1, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Abdominal Bloating, Social Avoidant Behaviour, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Nausea And Vomiting, Weight Increased
More related studies for: Wellbutrin sr, Weight gain
Recent Wellbutrin sr related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Wellbutrin sr, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
- Ringing In The Ears and Ribavirin
- Gerd and Stomach Discomfort
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Inguinal Hernia Strangulated
- Flatulence (flatus)
- Facial Tics
- Flaxseed Oil
- Photosensitivity Reaction