Review: could Wellbutrin sr cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Wellbutrin sr, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 7,032 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin sr from FDA and social media. Among them, 290 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin sr and have Weight gain >>>
Wellbutrin sr has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 8,139 Wellbutrin sr users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 7,027 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin sr. Among them, 290 people (4.13%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Wellbutrin sr when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||35.56%||13.33%||17.78%||13.33%||11.11%||8.89% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Wellbutrin sr * :
|Weight gain||0.75%||0.00%||1.13%||5.28%||29.81%||31.32%||24.91%||6.79% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Wellbutrin sr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||51.61%||41.94%||6.45% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||12.50%||0.00%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (127 people, 43.79%)
- Pain (46 people, 15.86%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 13.45%)
- Bipolar disorder (33 people, 11.38%)
- Insomnia (32 people, 11.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (92 people, 31.72%)
- Zyprexa (85 people, 29.31%)
- Paxil (76 people, 26.21%)
- Celexa (57 people, 19.66%)
- Risperdal (50 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin sr and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Wellbutrin Sr?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin sr and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin sr
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a 24-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effient for a 61-year old man with Stent. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 41-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Mass, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 43-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
Recent Wellbutrin sr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Paxil for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Wellbutrin for a 49-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Grapefruit Seed Extract, Wellbutrin Xl for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.