Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Abnormal dreams?
Summary: Abnormal dreams is found among people who take Wellbutrin xl, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 11,492 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Abnormal dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Abnormal dreams >>>
Wellbutrin xl has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 13,316 Wellbutrin xl users)
Abnormal dreams has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 15,275 Abnormal dreams patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 11,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 72 people (0.63%) have Abnormal Dreams.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Abnormal dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal dreams||52.17%||13.04%||13.04%||13.04%||4.35%||0.00%||4.35% |
Age of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.00%||12.00%||38.00%||24.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Abnormal dreams when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abnormal dreams ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (35 people, 48.61%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 13.89%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (4 people, 5.56%)
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 5.56%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (7 people, 9.72%)
- Cymbalta (6 people, 8.33%)
- Paxil cr (6 people, 8.33%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 6.94%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 6.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abnormal Dreams while taking Wellbutrin Xl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Abnormal Dreams
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl
- support group for people who have Abnormal Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Wellbutrin xl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Grapefruit Seed Extract, Wellbutrin Xl for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Estradiol, Probiotics, Wellbutrin for a 62-year old woman who has ADD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.