Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Chronic pain?
Summary: Chronic pain is reported only by a few people who take Wellbutrin xl.
We study 11,492 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Chronic pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Chronic pain >>>
Wellbutrin xl has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 13,319 Wellbutrin xl users)
Chronic pain (long lasting pain) has been reported by people with depression, fibromyalgia, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,063 Chronic pain patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 11,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Chronic Pain.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Chronic pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic pain||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Chronic pain when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
|Chronic pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Chronic pain when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 100.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 50.00%)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (1 people, 50.00%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone (1 people, 50.00%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (1 people, 50.00%)
- Probiotics (1 people, 50.00%)
- Xanax (1 people, 50.00%)
- Estradiol (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin xl and chronic pain on
Do you have Chronic Pain while taking Wellbutrin Xl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Chronic Pain
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl
- support group for people who have Chronic Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin for a 25-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clozapine, Bicalutamide, FinasteRide for a 52-year old man with Depression, Schizophrenia Simple, Priapism. The patient has Runny Nose, Priapism
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 12-year old boy with Nail Infection, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
Recent Wellbutrin xl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.