Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Heart racing (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Heart racing is found among people who take Wellbutrin xl, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Depression.
We study 11,492 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Heart racing. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart racing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Heart racing >>>
Wellbutrin xl has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 13,316 Wellbutrin xl users)
Heart racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart racing patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 11,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 178 people (1.55%) have Heart Racing.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Heart racing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart racing||39.02%||17.07%||12.20%||9.76%||12.20%||4.88%||4.88% |
Age of people who have Heart racing when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
|Heart racing||0.00%||0.00%||4.08%||9.52%||27.21%||25.85%||17.01%||16.33% |
Severity of Heart racing when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart racing||23.08%||46.15%||23.08%||7.69% |
How people recovered from Heart racing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart racing||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (101 people, 56.74%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 11.24%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 8.43%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 4.49%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 4.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (22 people, 12.36%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 10.11%)
- Zoloft (17 people, 9.55%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 8.43%)
- Prilosec (14 people, 7.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Racing while taking Wellbutrin Xl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Heart Racing
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Wellbutrin Sr, Cymbalta, Mirapex for a 46-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Swollen Belly, Aches And Pains In Bones, Eye Allergy, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 38-year old woman with Motion Sickness. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, Vomiting Of Medication, Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Elmiron for a 8-year old girl with Interstitial Cystitis (IC). The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a 63-year old man with Bloodpreasure, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Wellbutrin xl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a 69-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Paxil for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Nuvigil, Wellbutrin for a 49-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.