Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Neuroleptic malignant syndrome?
Summary: Neuroleptic malignant syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Wellbutrin xl.
We study 11,492 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuroleptic malignant syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Neuroleptic malignant syndrome >>>
Wellbutrin xl has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 13,319 Wellbutrin xl users)
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a life-threatening neurological disorder most often caused by an adverse reaction to neuroleptic or antipsychotic agents) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, psychotic disorder, parkinson's disease. (latest reports from 7,507 Neuroleptic malignant syndrome patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 11,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Neuroleptic malignant syndrome * :
Age of people who have Neuroleptic malignant syndrome when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
|Neuroleptic malignant syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Neuroleptic malignant syndrome when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
How people recovered from Neuroleptic malignant syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cerebrovascular accident (1 people, 25.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Myocardial infarction (1 people, 25.00%)
- Affective disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Mental disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Abilify (2 people, 50.00%)
- Concerta (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lamictal (2 people, 50.00%)
- Metformin hcl (1 people, 25.00%)
- Sertraline hcl (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin xl and neuroleptic malignant syndrome on
Do you have Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome while taking Wellbutrin Xl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl
- support group for people who have Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Turmeric, Krill Oil, Miralax, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Losartan, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Magnesium - Low, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Constipation, Hay Fever, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 50-year old woman with Depressive Symptom, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Neurontin for a 49-year old woman with Depression, Insomnia, Nerve Pain. The patient has Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl for a 49-year old woman with Unable To Sleep, Depression And Anxiety. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Resting Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Recent Wellbutrin xl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.