Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Wellbutrin xl, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Depression.
We study 11,490 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Palpitations >>>
Wellbutrin xl has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 13,309 Wellbutrin xl users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,200 Palpitations patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 11,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 179 people (1.56%) have Palpitations.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (101 people, 56.42%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 11.17%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 8.38%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 4.47%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 4.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (22 people, 12.29%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 10.06%)
- Zoloft (17 people, 9.50%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 8.38%)
- Prilosec (14 people, 7.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Palpitations while taking Wellbutrin Xl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pentasa for a 36-year old woman with Croup. The patient has Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin for a 26-year old man with Initial Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fear, Irritability, Mood Swings, Paranoia, Electric Shock
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fluoxetine, Methyldopa, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 32-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Mood Stabilizer, Hypertension, Depression, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Thoughts - Cloudy, Tiredness, Short-term Memory Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Hostility, Anger
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Ativan, Seroquel, Lamictal, Trileptal for a 65-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vertigo, Vomiting, Nausea, Ataxia, Double Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Wellbutrin Sr, Prilosec Otc, Toprol-xl, Adderall Xr 30 for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Add. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon
Recent Wellbutrin xl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Grapefruit Seed Extract, Wellbutrin Xl for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Estradiol, Probiotics, Wellbutrin for a 62-year old woman who has ADD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Buspar, Lamictal for a 25-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Viibryd, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.