Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Palpitations?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 11,209 people who take Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 177 have Palpitations. See who they are, when they have Palpitations and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Wellbutrin xl (latest outcomes from 13,080 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Wellbutrin xl include nausea aggravated, nausea, stress and anxiety, insomnia, insomnia exacerbated.
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 306,361 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 10,916 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 172 people (1.58%) have Palpitations.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (98 people, 56.98%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 10.47%)
- Bipolar disorder (14 people, 8.14%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 4.65%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (21 people, 12.21%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 10.47%)
- Zoloft (16 people, 9.30%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 8.72%)
- Prilosec (14 people, 8.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Wellbutrin xl, Palpitations
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Wellbutrin Xl (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Wellbutrin Xl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Wellbutrin Xl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Wellbutrin xl side effects from A to Z:
Browse Wellbutrin xl drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Several more side effects, but unable to recall all of them.
From this study (2 months ago):
Several side effects, but unable to recall all of them.
From this study (5 months ago):
Started celexa 5mg five days ago making me very tired. Took wellbutrin 50 mg sr today has swelling in fingers about 3 he's after taken. Thyroid med increased a week ago to 150 mcg
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Wellbutrin xl, Palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Behind ear itch pain
I have been on Wellbutrin for almost 2 years now. Of late I suddenly started to get a heavy burn like itchy feeling behind both my ears. Looking for advice what to do as I am currently using nivia cream.
- Side effects of ziban after head trauma
I was prescribed Zyban to help me stop smoking, three months after taking this medication I was taken very ill, I woke up in the morning feeling like another person, I had everything from altered perception, total balance frailer, above & below double vision. I could not get out of bed for three wee ...
- Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
More reviews for: Wellbutrin xl, Palpitations
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Wellbutrin Sr, Toprol-xl, Keppra for a patient with Insomnia, Restlessness, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Dry Hair, Weight Fluctuation, Muscle Function Loss, Inhibited Sexual Desire, Heart Palpitations, Pinpoint Red Spots On The Skin (Bleeding into the skin)
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Synthroid, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Palpitations (Heart palpitations), Swollen Eyelid (Eyelid Swelling), Lethargy (Fatigue)
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Ibs. The patient has Weight Increased, Bad Dreams (Nightmares), Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations)
- A study of drug interactions between Cimzia, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Crohn's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations (Heart palpitations)
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with ADHD, Depression, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Shakuyaku, Chest Pressure Sensation, Palpitations (Heart palpitations), Mouth Breathing, Fatigue, Lethargy (Fatigue), Stomach Discomfort, Eczema, Light Kaolin, Vision Blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Tetracycline Hydrochloride - 500MG, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride - 150MG, Benzaclin, Atralin for a patient with Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Acne, Depression. The patient has Heart Pounding (Heart palpitations), Heart Racing (Heart palpitations)
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall 10 for a patient with Depression, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd). The patient has Heart Pounding (Heart palpitations), Paranoia, Need For Isolation, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prednisone, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Loratadine, Mirapex for a patient with Depression - Chronic, Hives Treatment, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Joint Pain, Dizziness, Diarhhea, Cecal Lesion, Gastric Mucosal Lesion, Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Compulsive Shopping, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Palpitations (Heart palpitations), Numbness And Tingling
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall 20, Ranitidine, Xanax for a patient with Depression, Adhd, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Hunger (Appetite - increased), Tension Headaches (Tension headache), Violent Nausea And Vomiting, Weakness, Loss Of Appetite, Increased Pain, Extreme Fatigue And Weakness, Pms (Premenstrual syndrome), Heart Pounding (Heart palpitations), Hand And Foot Cramps, Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
More related studies for: Wellbutrin xl, Palpitations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.