Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Postherpetic neuralgia (Neuralgia)?
Summary: Postherpetic neuralgia is found among people who take Wellbutrin xl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Celebrex, and have Breast cancer.
We study 11,490 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Postherpetic neuralgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Postherpetic neuralgia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Postherpetic neuralgia >>>
Wellbutrin xl has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 13,316 Wellbutrin xl users)
Postherpetic neuralgia (neuralgia caused by the varicella zoster virus) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, neuralgia, osteoporosis, pain, depression. (latest reports from 17,933 Postherpetic neuralgia patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 11,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 40 people (0.35%) have Postherpetic Neuralgia.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Postherpetic neuralgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Postherpetic neuralgia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Postherpetic neuralgia when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
|Postherpetic neuralgia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Postherpetic neuralgia when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
How people recovered from Postherpetic neuralgia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (22 people, 55.00%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (22 people, 55.00%)
- Hypercalcaemia (22 people, 55.00%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 32.50%)
- Osteopenia (5 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celebrex (29 people, 72.50%)
- Fosamax (27 people, 67.50%)
- Alendronate sodium (27 people, 67.50%)
- Neurontin (26 people, 65.00%)
- Folic acid (26 people, 65.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin xl and postherpetic neuralgia on
Do you have Postherpetic Neuralgia while taking Wellbutrin Xl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Postherpetic Neuralgia
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl
- support group for people who have Postherpetic Neuralgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of WELLBUTRIN for a 56-year old woman with DEPRESSION.
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Wellbutrin for a 58-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Stools - Black Or Tarry
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor Xr for a 56-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Increased Tendency To Bruise
Recent Wellbutrin xl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Grapefruit Seed Extract, Wellbutrin Xl for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Estradiol, Probiotics, Wellbutrin for a 62-year old woman who has ADD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Buspar, Lamictal for a 25-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Viibryd, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.