Review: could Wellbutrin xl cause Postherpetic neuralgia (Neuralgia)?
Summary: Postherpetic neuralgia is found among people who take Wellbutrin xl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Celebrex, and have Breast cancer.
We study 11,492 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin xl from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Postherpetic neuralgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Postherpetic neuralgia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Postherpetic neuralgia >>>
Wellbutrin xl has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 13,319 Wellbutrin xl users)
Postherpetic neuralgia (neuralgia caused by the varicella zoster virus) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, neuralgia, osteoporosis, pain, depression. (latest reports from 17,933 Postherpetic neuralgia patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 11,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin xl. Among them, 40 people (0.35%) have Postherpetic Neuralgia.
Time on Wellbutrin xl when people have Postherpetic neuralgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Postherpetic neuralgia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Postherpetic neuralgia when taking Wellbutrin xl * :
|Postherpetic neuralgia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Postherpetic neuralgia when taking Wellbutrin xl ** :
How people recovered from Postherpetic neuralgia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (22 people, 55.00%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (22 people, 55.00%)
- Hypercalcaemia (22 people, 55.00%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 32.50%)
- Osteopenia (5 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celebrex (29 people, 72.50%)
- Fosamax (27 people, 67.50%)
- Alendronate sodium (27 people, 67.50%)
- Neurontin (26 people, 65.00%)
- Folic acid (26 people, 65.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Wellbutrin xl and postherpetic neuralgia on
Do you have Postherpetic Neuralgia while taking Wellbutrin Xl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl and have Postherpetic Neuralgia
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin xl
- support group for people who have Postherpetic Neuralgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Zantac, Omeprazole, Gildess Fe 1/20, Plaquenil, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Provigil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hives, Joint Pain, Gerd, Menstruation Irregular, Lupus, Anxiety, Nightmare, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Junel Fe 1/20, Zantac, Omeprazole, Ibuprofen, Plaquenil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Modafinil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Hives, Menstruation Irregular, Gerd, Joint Pain, Lupus, Nightmare, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Energy Increased. The patient has Frequent Headaches, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a 37-year old man with Depression. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Wellbutrin Xl for a 22-year old woman with Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, Depression. The patient has Forgetfulness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Turmeric, Krill Oil, Miralax, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Losartan, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Magnesium - Low, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Constipation, Hay Fever, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
Recent Wellbutrin xl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.