Review: could Wellbutrin cause Decreased appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Decreased appetite is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Wellbutrin sr, and have Depression.
We study 49,344 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 644 have Decreased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Decreased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Decreased appetite >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,089 Wellbutrin users)
Decreased appetite (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,340 Decreased appetite patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 49,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 644 people (1.31%) have Decreased Appetite.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Decreased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Decreased appetite||24.14%||18.97%||17.24%||13.79%||18.97%||1.72%||5.17% |
Age of people who have Decreased appetite when taking Wellbutrin * :
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||0.34%||3.61%||6.02%||13.25%||20.14%||26.51%||30.12% |
Severity of Decreased appetite when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Decreased appetite||9.38%||53.12%||28.12%||9.38% |
How people recovered from Decreased appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (208 people, 32.30%)
- Pain (56 people, 8.70%)
- Anxiety (31 people, 4.81%)
- Breast cancer (30 people, 4.66%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (29 people, 4.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin sr (116 people, 18.01%)
- Wellbutrin xl (113 people, 17.55%)
- Zoloft (108 people, 16.77%)
- Zometa (101 people, 15.68%)
- Prozac (99 people, 15.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin and decreased appetite on
Do you have Decreased Appetite while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Decreased Appetite
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Decreased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 12-year old boy with Nail Infection, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin for a 55-year old woman who has Depression And Genital Herpes
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.