Wellbutrin and Diverticulitis - from FDA reports
Diverticulitis is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteopenia. This review analyzes which people have Diverticulitis with Wellbutrin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 64,199 people who have side effects when taking Wellbutrin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
64,199 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin.
Among them, 178 people (0.28%) have Diverticulitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Diverticulitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 92.86 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Wellbutrin *:
- female: 67.43 %
- male: 32.57 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Wellbutrin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.68 %
- 30-39: 6.8 %
- 40-49: 35.37 %
- 50-59: 36.05 %
- 60+: 21.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteopenia (25 people, 14.04%)
- Neck Pain (12 people, 6.74%)
- Nausea (11 people, 6.18%)
- Breast Cancer (10 people, 5.62%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 5.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (40 people, 22.47%)
- Ativan (39 people, 21.91%)
- Neurontin (35 people, 19.66%)
- Aspirin (34 people, 19.10%)
- Percocet (30 people, 16.85%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (56 people, 31.46%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (52 people, 29.21%)
- Diarrhea (49 people, 27.53%)
- Chest Pain (47 people, 26.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (44 people, 24.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diverticulitis when taking Wellbutrin?
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Wellbutrin 74,930 users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 15,726 Diverticulitis patients).