Review: could Wellbutrin cause Excessive thirst (Thirst - excessive)?
Summary: Excessive thirst is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Quit smoking.
We study 49,344 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Excessive thirst. Find out below who they are, when they have Excessive thirst and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Excessive thirst >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,081 Wellbutrin users)
Excessive thirst has been reported by people with schizophrenia, high blood pressure, depression, quit smoking, diabetes. (latest reports from 2,773 Excessive thirst patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 49,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 68 people (0.14%) have Excessive Thirst.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Excessive thirst * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Excessive thirst||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Excessive thirst when taking Wellbutrin * :
|Excessive thirst||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.55%||19.70%||45.45%||19.70%||10.61% |
Severity of Excessive thirst when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Excessive thirst||0.00%||80.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Excessive thirst ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Excessive thirst||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (11 people, 16.18%)
- Bipolar disorder (11 people, 16.18%)
- Diabetes mellitus (8 people, 11.76%)
- Asthma (7 people, 10.29%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (7 people, 10.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (18 people, 26.47%)
- Zyprexa (17 people, 25.00%)
- Seroquel (17 people, 25.00%)
- Risperdal (14 people, 20.59%)
- Geodon (12 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin and excessive thirst on
Do you have Excessive Thirst while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Excessive Thirst
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Excessive Thirst
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine for a 31-year old man with Low Motivation, Depression.
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin for a 55-year old woman who has Depression And Genital Herpes
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.