Review: could Wellbutrin cause Gynecomastia?
Summary: Gynecomastia is reported only by a few people who take Wellbutrin.
We study 49,335 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Gynecomastia. Find out below who they are, when they have Gynecomastia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Gynecomastia >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,078 Wellbutrin users)
Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, depression, enlarged prostate, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 69 Gynecomastia patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 49,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Gynecomastia.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Gynecomastia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Gynecomastia when taking Wellbutrin * :
Severity of Gynecomastia when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gynecomastia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 66.67%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 66.67%)
- Bipolar (1 people, 33.33%)
- Fat - obese (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bipolar 2 (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Conjugated linoleic acid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lamotrigine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Venlafaxine hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Novothyrox (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin and gynecomastia on
Do you have Gynecomastia while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Gynecomastia
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Gynecomastia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Grapefruit Seed Extract, Wellbutrin Xl for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Estradiol, Probiotics, Wellbutrin for a 62-year old woman who has ADD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.