Review: could Wellbutrin cause Hiccups?
Summary: Hiccups is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Wellbutrin xl, and have Depression.
We study 49,243 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Hiccups. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiccups and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Hiccups >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Wellbutrin 54,972 users)
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma, quit smoking.(latest reports from Hiccups 3,529 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 49,204 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 23 people (0.05%) have Hiccups.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Hiccups * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hiccups when taking Wellbutrin * :
Severity of Hiccups when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hiccups ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 30.43%)
- Mood swings (2 people, 8.70%)
- Increased appetite (1 people, 4.35%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1 people, 4.35%)
- Diabetes mellitus insulin-dependent (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin xl (5 people, 21.74%)
- Abilify (4 people, 17.39%)
- Depakote (3 people, 13.04%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 8.70%)
- Byetta (2 people, 8.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiccups while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Hiccups
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Hiccups
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? I either need to get some acceptance or find answers to the effects this medicine is causing..afraid to change up her medicines but needless to say I am worried...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing worked. the actual problem in my lumber spine is not serious enough to have surgery at this time.
My question is if I need major surgery and need to take an opiate pain med would I have to get off the 1 1/2 mg of suboxone so I don't to go into withdrawal (as a doc once told me)? I'm 72 & the possibility of needing surgery is high, especially since I've had breast, colon & skin cancer. thank you
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
- Exercise intolerance (1 answer)
I've been running for 2 years and recently it has become harder to run and I've lost 45 seconds off my pace. It's harder becuase my hips/.thighs hurt and not because of reduced lung capacity. It isn't temperature related. I've been taking 40 mg Prozac, 450 mg Wellbutrin, and .5 mg Xanax XR for 4 years. I also take Flonese for seasonal allergies and Tylenol or Advil for headaches. I am healthy - at least based on blood tests, electrocardiogram, and MRIs. Is it possible these medicines could cause hip rigidity and thigh pain?
More questions for: Wellbutrin, Hiccups
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bedwetting with paxil and wellbutrin
I have been using both of these drugs and now have bedwetting issues 5 times a week on average. I would rate the bedwetting as moderate about a6/10 but my wife and I can live with this as she had made the comment " you are back to the man I married ". I started taking these due to depression about work and anxiety about work. We both think we can live with the bedwetting as no one needs to know about it
- Wellbutrin caused my trigeminal neurlagia
So I'm writing this to hopefully shed light to other users in the same position I was in. I had taken Wellbutrin for about 4 years. The pain experienced in my face was excruciatingly painful. It was just on one side of my face between my temple and upper lip. All the symptoms reflected Trigeminal Neuralgia. But even with an MRI nothing could be found. I suffered for 3 of those years with pain coming and going, not understanding what was going on. Finally one day I decided hell with Wellbutrin and just stopped taking it. It's been 6 months now and I have yet to have a single shred of pain. Coincidence? I doubt it.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
- Horrible hiccups may be caused by sulfamethoxazole
a few hours after taking Bactrim/sulfamethoxazole I got the worst case of Hiccups Ever. it has now been over 24 hours and I havent stopped. will be visiting my doctor in the morning.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled with Ibuprophen. I thought it was age and/or the weather. Perhaps these are factors; but it happens every time I use Ibuprophen. I share this hoping it can help others.
More reviews for: Wellbutrin, Hiccups
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- was on 10 mg Celexa which was increased 1 week ago to 20 mg due to high levels of stress in workplace. 7 days into increased dose experienced high level of anger in workplace due to stressful conditions.
- Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- There are events in my life during this time, that I can't even recall.
My personallity change is something others have told me about. The change in personality is something the amnesia has covered. I don't recall any of what I became while on Wellbutrin.
More related studies for: Wellbutrin, Hiccups
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.