Review: could Wellbutrin cause Lightheadedness - dizzy?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 47,626 people who take Wellbutrin. Among them, 2,769 have Lightheadedness - dizzy. See who they are, when they have Lightheadedness - dizzy and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,525 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Wellbutrin include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, depression aggravated, depression.
Lightheadedness - dizzy
Lightheadedness - dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness) (latest reports from 1,264,750 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 47,626 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 2,742 people (5.76%) have Lightheadedness - Dizzy.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Lightheadedness - dizzy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||43.80%||23.54%||4.81%||7.85%||12.41%||3.80%||3.80% |
Age of people who have Lightheadedness - dizzy when taking Wellbutrin * :
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||0.04%||0.08%||2.20%||8.02%||18.53%||27.30%||27.25%||16.58% |
Severity of Lightheadedness - dizzy when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||6.25%||68.75%||24.11%||0.89% |
How people recovered from Lightheadedness - dizzy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||6.25%||15.62%||78.12% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1,103 people, 40.23%)
- Anxiety (225 people, 8.21%)
- Pain (153 people, 5.58%)
- Hypertension (128 people, 4.67%)
- Bipolar disorder (127 people, 4.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin xl (697 people, 25.42%)
- Wellbutrin sr (378 people, 13.79%)
- Paxil (370 people, 13.49%)
- Aspirin (298 people, 10.87%)
- Neurontin (295 people, 10.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Wellbutrin, Lightheadedness - dizzy
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Wellbutrin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Wellbutrin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Wellbutrin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Wellbutrin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
Depression was extremely low until I got a migraine and took three doses of
Fiorecet in one day. Tiredness and extreme depression the days following.
From this study (4 months ago):
Vertigo started about a month after started losartan. Also have constant heartburn and indigestion about 2 yrs)0, joint aches and a dry cough after taking @ noc. Vertigo is sporadic and unpredictable, very instant and severe. Violent vomitting, choking, very sick to stomach about 6 hrs. Then very dizzy and nauseous for a couple of days. I also have tinnitus ( had viral infection and lost 45% of hearing about ten yrs ago)
From this study (5 months ago):
I feel fine at rest. Once up and moving short time, dizziness and vision symptoms occur. Tremor occurs in neck...head going up and down...and in left arm more than right. Have had possible MS for a long time, now they think it is Ritalin causing the problem. stopped Ritalin and started Ativan. Same symptoms
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Wellbutrin, Lightheadedness - dizzy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Behind ear itch pain
I have been on Wellbutrin for almost 2 years now. Of late I suddenly started to get a heavy burn like itchy feeling behind both my ears. Looking for advice what to do as I am currently using nivia cream.
- Side effects of ziban after head trauma
I was prescribed Zyban to help me stop smoking, three months after taking this medication I was taken very ill, I woke up in the morning feeling like another person, I had everything from altered perception, total balance frailer, above & below double vision. I could not get out of bed for three wee ...
- Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
More reviews for: Wellbutrin, Lightheadedness - dizzy
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Xanax, Losartan, Wellbutrin, Methotrexate, Estradiol, Cymbalta, Ambien for a patient with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Elevated Mood, Depression, Psoriasis, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Teenagers And Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Weight Gain Poor, Vertigo (Dizziness)
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Abilify, Wellbutrin, Lamictal for a patient with ADD, Depression, Bipolar 2. The patient has Dizziness, Blue Vision, Vision Blurred, Hand Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Vitamin D, Ondansetron, Senna, B-12, Gabapentin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Lorazepam for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Deficiency - Vitamin K, Nausea, Constipation, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss, Chills, Vision Blurred, Confusion, Body Temperature, Muscle Aches, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Liver Tenderness, Kidney Disease, Dizziness, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Wellbutrin Sr, Omeprazole for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Ulcer. The patient has Laryngitis, Loss Of Libido, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), General Ill Feeling (Malaise), Major Depression, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Prochlorperazine, Vitamin B12, Nasonex, Tylenol, Temazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Wellbutrin Xl, Metformin, Escitalopram for a patient with Nausea, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Postnasal Drip, Osteoarthritis, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Bipolar 2, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Aspartate, Malic Acid, Vitamin C, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Cinnamon Bark, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Lipoic Acid, NAC, SAM-e, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Xanax, Clonazepam, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Fibtomyalgia, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Ptsd, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Headache, Numbing In Extremities, Confusion, Blood In Urine, Dizziness, Sluggishness, Tiredness (Fatigue), Chronic Migraine, Difficulty Concentrating
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Seroquel, Cymbalta for a patient with Depression Suicidal, Schizophrenia, Undifferentiated Type, Depression - Major. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sedation, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Confusion, Short-term Memory Loss, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Wellbutrin Sr, Seasonique, Nadolol, Focalin Xr for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Chronic Depression, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Adhd. The patient has Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Dizziness, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Depression. The patient has Dizziness
More related studies for: Wellbutrin, Lightheadedness - dizzy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.