Review: could Wellbutrin cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 49,344 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,089 Wellbutrin users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,149 Liver function test abnormal patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 49,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 154 people (0.31%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||23.08%||15.38%||7.69%||7.69%||30.77%||15.38%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Wellbutrin * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||2.40%||9.60%||18.40%||24.00%||24.00%||21.60% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (33 people, 21.43%)
- Ill-defined disorder (20 people, 12.99%)
- Pain (13 people, 8.44%)
- Bipolar disorder (13 people, 8.44%)
- Multiple sclerosis (10 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (25 people, 16.23%)
- Wellbutrin sr (24 people, 15.58%)
- Wellbutrin xl (20 people, 12.99%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 12.34%)
- Ambien (18 people, 11.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin and liver function test abnormal on
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin for a 25-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clozapine, Bicalutamide, FinasteRide for a 52-year old man with Depression, Schizophrenia Simple, Priapism. The patient has Runny Nose, Priapism
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 12-year old boy with Nail Infection, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.