Review: could Wellbutrin cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 49,344 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 721 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,089 Wellbutrin users)
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,433 Lower blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 49,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 704 people (1.43%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||35.14%||13.51%||2.70%||27.03%||16.22%||0.00%||5.41% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Wellbutrin * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.31%||0.31%||1.57%||4.72%||9.75%||20.91%||34.28%||28.14% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||8.33%||16.67%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (113 people, 16.05%)
- Hypertension (66 people, 9.38%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 6.53%)
- Pain (41 people, 5.82%)
- Multiple sclerosis (41 people, 5.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (144 people, 20.45%)
- Lipitor (113 people, 16.05%)
- Zometa (113 people, 16.05%)
- Lasix (112 people, 15.91%)
- Prilosec (104 people, 14.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin and lower blood pressure on
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl for a 49-year old woman with Unable To Sleep, Depression And Anxiety. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Resting Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 55-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.