Home > Wellbutrin > Lower blood pressure > Wellbutrin and Lower blood pressure
Review: could Wellbutrin cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 49,204 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 704 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,933 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) (latest reports from 106,762 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 49,160 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 704 people (1.43%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||35.14%||13.51%||2.70%||27.03%||16.22%||0.00%||5.41% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Wellbutrin * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.31%||0.31%||1.57%||4.72%||9.75%||20.91%||34.28%||28.14% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||8.33%||16.67%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (113 people, 16.05%)
- Hypertension (66 people, 9.38%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 6.53%)
- Pain (41 people, 5.82%)
- Multiple sclerosis (41 people, 5.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (144 people, 20.45%)
- Lipitor (113 people, 16.05%)
- Zometa (113 people, 16.05%)
- Lasix (112 people, 15.91%)
- Prilosec (104 people, 14.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How to deal with low blood pressure caused by metformin
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Low Blood Pressure, and takes Metformin)
I was on Accupril 5 mg for more than 10 years with little or no side effects. I was diagnosed with early Type 2 diabetes and the doctor prescribed Metformin 500 mg 2 tablets a day. After about 3 months, the blood pressure was too low 88 Sistolic 45 diastolic and suffered syncope.
I reduced Accupr ...
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro)
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who takes Xanax , Xarelto, Wellbutrin, Losartan, Cardizem)
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
More questions for: Wellbutrin, Lower blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bedwetting with paxil and wellbutrin
(Posted by a 38 year old man who has Bedwetting, and takes Wellbutrin Xl, Paxil)
I have been using both of these drugs and now have bedwetting issues 5 times a week on average. I would rate the bedwetting as moderate about a6/10 but my wife and I can live with this as she had made the comment " you are back to the man I married ". I started taking these due to depression about ...
- Wellbutrin caused my trigeminal neurlagia
(Posted by a 25 year old man who has Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Wellbutrin)
So I'm writing this to hopefully shed light to other users in the same position I was in. I had taken Wellbutrin for about 4 years. The pain experienced in my face was excruciatingly painful. It was just on one side of my face between my temple and upper lip. All the symptoms reflected Trigeminal Ne ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
More reviews for: Wellbutrin, Lower blood pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anger
Comments: was on 10 mg Celexa which was increased 1 week ago to 20 mg due to high levels of stress in workplace. 7 days into increased dose experienced high level of anger in workplace due to stressful conditions.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Joint Pain, Depression. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Comments: severe nausea and vomiting when take aleve for arthritus/joint pain, no longer take aleve, take advil instead. never experienced nausea and vomiting while taking wellbutrin and occaisionally taking advil for pain
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Adderall 10 for a patient with Depression, Adhd. The patient has Personality Change, Amnesia
Comments: There are events in my life during this time, that I can't even recall.
My personallity change is something others have told me about. The change in personality is something the amnesia has covered. I don't recall any of what I became while on Wellbutrin.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
More related studies for: Wellbutrin, Lower blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.