Review: could Wellbutrin cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Wellbutrin xl, and have Depression.
We study 49,335 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,827 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Muscle weakness >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,081 Wellbutrin users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,255 Muscle weakness patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 49,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 1,832 people (3.71%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||33.54%||34.76%||6.71%||5.49%||10.37%||7.32%||1.83% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Wellbutrin * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.11%||1.53%||3.73%||10.12%||25.78%||35.95%||22.78% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||6.12%||67.35%||24.49%||2.04% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (490 people, 26.75%)
- Pain (131 people, 7.15%)
- Hypertension (124 people, 6.77%)
- Multiple sclerosis (113 people, 6.17%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (92 people, 5.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin xl (350 people, 19.10%)
- Wellbutrin sr (268 people, 14.63%)
- Aspirin (263 people, 14.36%)
- Zoloft (255 people, 13.92%)
- Ambien (249 people, 13.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of wellbutrin and muscle weakness on
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of LARIAM for a 68-year old woman with Malaria. The patient has Asthenia (weakness), Scar Revision (when the skin is injured from a cut or tears the body heals by forming scar tissue), Loss Of Hair
- A study of side effects of Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Grapefruit Seed Extract, Wellbutrin Xl for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Estradiol, Probiotics, Wellbutrin for a 62-year old woman who has ADD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.