Review: could Wellbutrin cause Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)?
Summary: Neuropathy is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 49,335 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Neuropathy >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,078 Wellbutrin users)
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 5,880 Neuropathy patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 49,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 41 people (0.08%) have Neuropathy.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Neuropathy when taking Wellbutrin * :
Severity of Neuropathy when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (22 people, 53.66%)
- Back pain (7 people, 17.07%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 14.63%)
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 12.20%)
- Neuropathy (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (20 people, 48.78%)
- Vioxx (11 people, 26.83%)
- Synthroid (9 people, 21.95%)
- Wellbutrin sr (8 people, 19.51%)
- Plavix (8 people, 19.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Wellbutrin and neuropathy on
Do you have Neuropathy while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Prilosec, Zyrtec Allergy, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Elavil for a 56-year old woman with Low Deficient, High Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Allergy, Depression - Chronic, Migraine.
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vytorin, Spiriva, Imdur for a 66-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Depression, Cholesterol, Copd, Angina. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Crestor, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Cymbalta, Azilect for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Seditive, Anxiety, High Colesteral, Synthectic Dopamine For Parkinson Disease, Used For Nerve Pain Above Knees (both Legs), /worls With Existing Dopamine In The Brain. The patient has Shortness In Breath And Halucinations
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin for a 55-year old woman who has Depression And Genital Herpes
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.