Review: could Wellbutrin cause Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)?
Summary: Neuropathy is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 49,344 people who have side effects while taking Wellbutrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Neuropathy >>>
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,089 Wellbutrin users)
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral neuropathy. (latest reports from 5,896 Neuropathy patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 49,344 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin. Among them, 41 people (0.08%) have Neuropathy.
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Neuropathy when taking Wellbutrin * :
Severity of Neuropathy when taking Wellbutrin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (22 people, 53.66%)
- Back pain (7 people, 17.07%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 14.63%)
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 12.20%)
- Neuropathy (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (20 people, 48.78%)
- Vioxx (11 people, 26.83%)
- Synthroid (9 people, 21.95%)
- Wellbutrin sr (8 people, 19.51%)
- Plavix (8 people, 19.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Wellbutrin and neuropathy on
Do you have Neuropathy while taking Wellbutrin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Wellbutrin
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 62-year old woman with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Lack Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Cognitive Deterioration, Inability To Participate In Previous Activities, Weight Gain, Throbbing/ Burning Foot Pain After Normal Daily Activities, Dry Mouth, Loss Of Bowel Control, Loss Of Bladder Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Peripheral Neuropathy, Frequent Headaches, Brain Mass, Joint Pain, Overwhelming Fatique, Achilles Tendonitis
- A study of drug interactions between Minocycline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman with Bacterial Infection, Depression. The patient has Blood Clot In The Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl for a 47-year old woman with GAD, Sleep Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Vaginal Yeast Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Singulair, Ultram Er, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Levoxyl, Wellbutrin Sr, Atenolol, Gabapentin for a 57-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Allergic Sinusitis, Fibromyalgia, Fluid Retention, Acid Reflux, Hyperthyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Meniers.
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 29-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Fluid Retention
Recent Wellbutrin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Effexor Xr for a 54-year old woman who has Menopausal Symptoms
- Comparions of Adderall, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 29-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Brintellix, Remeron, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro, Paxil for a 40-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Quetiapine Fumarate, Rozerem, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vivitrol for a 42-year old woman who has Overweight
- Comparions of Percocet, Wellbutrin Sr for a 43-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.