Home > Xalatan > Deafness > Xalatan and Deafness
Review: could Xalatan cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Xalatan, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have Glaucoma.
We study 14,394 people who have side effects while taking Xalatan from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xalatan and have Deafness >>>
Xalatan (latest outcomes from 14,567 users) has active ingredients of latanoprost. It is often used in glaucoma.
Deafness (latest reports from 58,556 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 14,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Xalatan. Among them, 45 people (0.31%) have Deafness.
Time on Xalatan when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Xalatan * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Xalatan * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Xalatan ** :
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Glaucoma (17 people, 37.78%)
- Multiple myeloma (4 people, 8.89%)
- Dyslipidaemia (3 people, 6.67%)
- Ill-defined disorder (3 people, 6.67%)
- Abdominal pain upper (2 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 15.56%)
- Zoloft (7 people, 15.56%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 13.33%)
- Prilosec (4 people, 8.89%)
- Toprol-xl (4 people, 8.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
cecie (3 years ago):
Empirically, using Xalatan for early symptoms of glaucoma. Affecting lipid-secreting fat cells in ear canal, am experiencing hearing loss.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deafness while taking Xalatan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xalatan and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Xalatan
- support group for people who have Deafness
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Can dengue feve cause hearing loss?
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has Hearing Loss)
In Nov 2007 I contracted Dungue and sometime inn 2008 I lost my (L)hearing, just wanted to know if the 2 are linked.
- Does latanoprost cause higher blood pressue when using it?
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Higher Blood Pressure, and takes Latanoprost)
I currently have and am being treated for high blood pressure. After I recently started Latanoprost, my blood pressure has risen. Has anyone had a similar reaction? Thanks.
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Ear Infection, Fluid In Middle Ear, Decreased Hearing, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Headache - Cluster, Nausea, and takes Amoxicillin)
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antib ...
- Is there the correlation of hearing loss with use of escitalopram 20 mg
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Hearing Loss, and takes Escitalopram, Buspirone Hcl)
My 18 year old son has just been found to have mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears. Could it be caused by a Rx and will his hearing return if he stops taking the medication???
More questions for: Xalatan, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zetia causes deafness
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Deafness, and takes Zetia)
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Isoniazid and deafness
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Hearing Loss, and takes Isoniazid)
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have ha ...
More reviews for: Xalatan, Deafness
- A study of side effects of Latanoprost for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Anxiety had to go to the hospital it was so bad
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: Cookie bite hearing loss
- A study of side effects of Latanoprost for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Memory Loss
Comments: Aware of the more usual yesteryear being much clearer than yesterday in the elderly and this is normal experience. More recent months has shown that the mid term and even the 'fossilised' memory is affected (is that piano new? was my husband called George?). Spoken references are still clear and sel ...
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: Began as hearing impaired with hearing aids. Slowly deteriorated to point of deafness.
- A study of drug interactions between Latanoprost, Timolol Maleate for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Bradycardia Foetal
Comments: Sice 6 month ago, because of high pressure of my eyes,I visited eye specialist and after he checking my eyes, he found Glaucoma associated with high pressure in my two eyes. He gave the above mentioned eye drops and advised me to instill one drop of Timolol to each eye in the morning and 1 drop of L ...
More related studies for: Xalatan, Deafness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
46 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent updates:
- How effective is Unisom for Insomnia? (1 second ago)
- Could Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition cause Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium? (4 seconds ago)
- Could Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension cause Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium? (5 seconds ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis
- Advair Diskus 250/50
- Calcium D - Glucarate
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (2 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (10 hours ago)
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (7 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (8 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (1 day ago)