Review: could Xalatan cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Xalatan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Glaucoma.
We study 14,395 people who have side effects while taking Xalatan from FDA and social media. Among them, 597 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Xalatan and have Vision blurred >>>
Xalatan has active ingredients of latanoprost. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from Xalatan 14,567 users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Vision blurred 48,523 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 14,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Xalatan. Among them, 597 people (4.15%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Xalatan when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||42.55%||31.91%||10.64%||0.00%||6.38%||6.38%||2.13% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Xalatan * :
|Vision blurred||63.10%||36.90% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Xalatan * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.85%||0.00%||1.06%||1.49%||5.53%||14.47%||76.60% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Xalatan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Glaucoma (224 people, 37.52%)
- Open angle glaucoma (51 people, 8.54%)
- Hypertension (43 people, 7.20%)
- Intraocular pressure increased (40 people, 6.70%)
- Osteoporosis (23 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (70 people, 11.73%)
- Coumadin (43 people, 7.20%)
- Azopt (41 people, 6.87%)
- Lasix (40 people, 6.70%)
- Timolol maleate (37 people, 6.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Xalatan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Xalatan and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Xalatan
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Does latanoprost cause higher blood pressue when using it?
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Higher Blood Pressure, and takes Latanoprost)
I currently have and am being treated for high blood pressure. After I recently started Latanoprost, my blood pressure has risen. Has anyone had a similar reaction? Thanks.
- Does xalatan cause my severe joint pain ,stiffness, heavy legs and brain fog (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Glaucoma, and takes Xalatan)
i was diagnosed with glaucoma approx 20 years ago 12 months after eye injury with squash ball and have been on xalatan ever since,for most of this time i have suffered joint pain and concentration problems,the last 4 years has seen this pain in the joints ie.lower back,hips, shoulders, elbows, knees ...
- I use combigan, azopt and xalatan is there an order i should put them in?
(Asked by a 89 year old woman who has Glaucoma, and takes Azopt, Combigan, Xalatan)
I use 3 eye drops - 2 other them twice a day and the xalatan once a day but One doctor has told me to put the xalatan in first thing in the morning then wait half an hour before putting the other two in. Now the pharmacist has advised that I put the other two drops in first thing in the morning then ...
- My mom used xalantan for her glaucoma and within two days of using this product, she had a seizure. can xalatan cause seizures? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Glaucoma, Seizures, and takes Xalatan)
More questions for: Xalatan, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
(Posted by a 79 year old woman who has Vision Blurred, and takes Ipratropium Bromide)
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
More reviews for: Xalatan, Vision blurred
- A study of side effects of Ortho-novum 1/35-21 for a patient with Infertility Female. The patient has Vision Blurred, Pain - Joints, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Ortho-Novum is being taken to suppress ovulation in preparation for IVF. After 7 consecutive weeks, joint swelling and pain is substantial as are enlarged breasts and breast pain. x1 blurred vision lasting approx 45 minutes followed by severe migraine 4 weeks in. x1 pain from shoulder through hand l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Parafon Forte Dsc, Skelaxin, Cialis for a patient with Pain - Back, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Vision Blurred
Comments: These three drugs have been discontinued abruptly I am experiencing blurred vision and moderate headaches. Could these be the cause. MRI and CT Scan of brain are normal and opthamologist can find nothing wrong.
- A study of side effects of Latanoprost for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Memory Loss
Comments: Aware of the more usual yesteryear being much clearer than yesterday in the elderly and this is normal experience. More recent months has shown that the mid term and even the 'fossilised' memory is affected (is that piano new? was my husband called George?). Spoken references are still clear and sel ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Latanoprost, Timolol Maleate for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Bradycardia Foetal
Comments: Sice 6 month ago, because of high pressure of my eyes,I visited eye specialist and after he checking my eyes, he found Glaucoma associated with high pressure in my two eyes. He gave the above mentioned eye drops and advised me to instill one drop of Timolol to each eye in the morning and 1 drop of L ...
More related studies for: Xalatan, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.