Review: could Xanax cause Alcohol withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Alcohol withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ultram, and have Pain.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Alcohol withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Alcohol withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Alcohol withdrawal syndrome >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,062 Xanax users)
Alcohol withdrawal syndrome
Alcohol withdrawal syndrome has been reported by people with depression, pain, alcoholism, psoriasis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 691 Alcohol withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 55,103 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 26 people (0.05%) have Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Xanax when people have Alcohol withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Alcohol withdrawal syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Alcohol withdrawal syndrome when taking Xanax * :
|Alcohol withdrawal syndrome||67.65%||32.35% |
Age of people who have Alcohol withdrawal syndrome when taking Xanax * :
|Alcohol withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.23%||70.97%||25.81%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Alcohol withdrawal syndrome when taking Xanax ** :
How people recovered from Alcohol withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (20 people, 76.92%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 11.54%)
- Nausea (2 people, 7.69%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 7.69%)
- Erosive oesophagitis (1 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ultram (22 people, 84.62%)
- Remeron (22 people, 84.62%)
- Klonopin (22 people, 84.62%)
- Oxycontin (21 people, 80.77%)
- Neurontin (21 people, 80.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Xanax and alcohol withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour, Xanax, Prilosec Otc for a 58-year old woman with Allergies, Stress And Anxiety, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Wheezing
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Bi-sifrol, Lorazepam, Mirtazapine, Alprazolam for a 59-year old man with Pain, Parkinsonism, Panic Disorder, Depression. The patient has Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome, Depression, Parkinsonism
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Acyclovir, Prednisone for a 45-year old man with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Bell's Palsy. The patient has Facial Edema, Eyelid Drooping, Headache, Facial Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Alprazolam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.