Review: could Xanax cause Cerebral atrophy?
Summary: Cerebral atrophy is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Toothaches.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 111 have Cerebral atrophy. Find out below who they are, when they have Cerebral atrophy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Cerebral atrophy >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,062 Xanax users)
Cerebral atrophy (decrement in size of brain) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 3,484 Cerebral atrophy patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 111 people (0.20%) have Cerebral Atrophy.
Time on Xanax when people have Cerebral atrophy * :
Gender of people who have Cerebral atrophy when taking Xanax * :
|Cerebral atrophy||61.06%||38.94% |
Age of people who have Cerebral atrophy when taking Xanax * :
|Cerebral atrophy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.71%||5.71%||7.62%||80.95% |
Severity of Cerebral atrophy when taking Xanax ** :
How people recovered from Cerebral atrophy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Toothache (12 people, 10.81%)
- Muscle spasms (12 people, 10.81%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 9.01%)
- Pain (8 people, 7.21%)
- Neoplasm malignant (7 people, 6.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (52 people, 46.85%)
- Lasix (48 people, 43.24%)
- Coumadin (48 people, 43.24%)
- Nexium (48 people, 43.24%)
- Alprazolam (41 people, 36.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cerebral Atrophy while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Cerebral Atrophy
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Cerebral Atrophy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Acyclovir, Prednisone for a 45-year old man with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Bell's Palsy. The patient has Facial Edema, Eyelid Drooping, Headache, Facial Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 61-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Brittle Nails
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Alprazolam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.