Review: could Xanax cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 55,093 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,237 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Chest pain >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,051 Xanax users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,852 Chest pain patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 3,237 people (5.88%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Xanax when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||29.23%||15.38%||4.62%||10.77%||29.23%||9.23%||1.54% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Xanax * :
|Chest pain||71.17%||28.83% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Xanax * :
|Chest pain||0.03%||0.00%||0.19%||5.54%||11.33%||26.61%||27.05%||29.26% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||19.05%||47.62%||28.57%||4.76% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (460 people, 14.21%)
- Pain (440 people, 13.59%)
- Depression (343 people, 10.60%)
- Hypertension (207 people, 6.39%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (138 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (751 people, 23.20%)
- Lasix (533 people, 16.47%)
- Zoloft (468 people, 14.46%)
- Ambien (463 people, 14.30%)
- Lipitor (442 people, 13.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
John (5 years ago):
I had cancer and had surgery, chemo, and radiation. I was given Oxycontin and Xanax for pain and anxiety. After 4 years I am still taking a large dose of both, and my life is a wreck.I cannot work like before and do nothing of interest anymore. My family is waiting for me in Chicago, but I need to be fully treated from the cancer and from these pills (poisons) I am tired of these meds and want out of it! I rather have the pain than the side effects of the drugs. I live alone in Europe where I have been treated. I do not have the money to go to a center. What can I do to get my life back. I hate these drugs but my body is accustomed to it I take 80MG 4 x a day of oxycontin and 4 pills of .50mg of xanax. Please any suggestion? I would be so thankful
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 24-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Heart Murmurs (extra or unusual sound heard during a heartbeat)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Hot Flashes, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 70-year old man with Itching. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Tenormin, Clonazepam, Xanax, Phenergan for a 62-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Anxiety, Nausea. The patient has Night Cramps
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.