Review: could Xanax cause Chronic fatigue syndrome?
Summary: Chronic fatigue syndrome is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zoloft, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 93 have Chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic fatigue syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Chronic fatigue syndrome >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,062 Xanax users)
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 2,781 Chronic fatigue syndrome patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 93 people (0.17%) have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Time on Xanax when people have Chronic fatigue syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||25.93%||3.70%||18.52%||37.04%||7.41%||7.41% |
Gender of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Xanax * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Xanax * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.22%||10.11%||31.46%||29.21%||8.99% |
Severity of Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||26.67%||60.00%||13.33% |
How people recovered from Chronic fatigue syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||8.33%||91.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (37 people, 39.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 11.83%)
- Intervertebral disc displacement (10 people, 10.75%)
- Depression (8 people, 8.60%)
- Osteoarthritis (6 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (41 people, 44.09%)
- Seroquel (35 people, 37.63%)
- Ativan (31 people, 33.33%)
- Vioxx (30 people, 32.26%)
- Prozac (27 people, 29.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and chronic fatigue syndrome on
Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 22-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Weight Below Normal, Joint Pain, Diarrhea, Fatigue - Chronic, Rash Erythematous
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 61-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Brittle Nails
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.