Review: could Xanax cause Dyshidrotic eczema?
Summary: Dyshidrotic eczema is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Pain.
We study 55,093 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Dyshidrotic eczema. Find out below who they are, when they have Dyshidrotic eczema and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Dyshidrotic eczema >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,051 Xanax users)
Dyshidrotic eczema (skin condition in which blisters develop on the soles of your feet and/or the palms of hands) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, bone density decreased, high blood pressure, crohn's disease. (latest reports from 337 Dyshidrotic eczema patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 55,076 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Dyshidrotic Eczema.
Time on Xanax when people have Dyshidrotic eczema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dyshidrotic eczema||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dyshidrotic eczema when taking Xanax * :
|Dyshidrotic eczema||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dyshidrotic eczema when taking Xanax * :
|Dyshidrotic eczema||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||33.33% |
Severity of Dyshidrotic eczema when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dyshidrotic eczema||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dyshidrotic eczema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dyshidrotic eczema||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (3 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 33.33%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 16.67%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 16.67%)
- Panic attack (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (2 people, 33.33%)
- Zoloft (2 people, 33.33%)
- Flexeril (2 people, 33.33%)
- Vicodin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Adderall 10 (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and dyshidrotic eczema on
Do you have Dyshidrotic Eczema while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Dyshidrotic Eczema
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Dyshidrotic eczema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tenormin, Clonazepam, Xanax, Phenergan for a 62-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Anxiety, Nausea. The patient has Night Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Xanax, Zoloft, Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a 64-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hyperthyroidism, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 60-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nald (neonatal adrenoleukodystrophy)
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Alprazolam for a 43-year old man with Insomnia. The patient has Salivary Hypersecretion (excess saliva secretion)
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 94-year old man who has Amiodarone
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Xanax, Ativan for a 88-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clomipramine Hydrochloride, Xanax Xr for a 40-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of St. John's Wort, Prozac, Lexapro, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.