Review: could Xanax cause Heartburn - chronic?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 54,703 people who take Xanax. Among them, 133 have Heartburn - chronic. See who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,692 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Xanax include stress and anxiety, nausea, nausea aggravated, anxiety aggravated, fatigue.
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) (latest reports from 43,259 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, acupuncture and pain, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 52,277 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 128 people (0.24%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Xanax when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||15.00%||25.00%||5.00%||15.00%||10.00%||20.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Xanax * :
|Heartburn - chronic||75.20%||24.80% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Xanax * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.82%||0.00%||4.10%||8.20%||22.13%||24.59%||40.16% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (23 people, 17.97%)
- Anxiety (21 people, 16.41%)
- Depression (20 people, 15.62%)
- Arthritis (12 people, 9.38%)
- Muscle spasms (11 people, 8.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (33 people, 25.78%)
- Prilosec (26 people, 20.31%)
- Valium (26 people, 20.31%)
- Ambien (19 people, 14.84%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 14.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Xanax, Heartburn - chronic
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Xanax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Xanax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Xanax side effects from A to Z:
Browse Xanax drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (12 months ago):
Started symptoms after taking Azithromycin.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take methadone(52mg daily), metoprolol extended release(75mg daily) & xanax(1mg twice daily)
I'm just wanting to know if its safe to take all 3. I've been on methadone for 7yrs and about a yr ago i started tapering and started at 130mg, but am now at 52mg. I've been on the Metoprolol(extended release) for about a yr now taking 50mg in AM, and 25mg in PM. I just started taking the Xanax abo ...
- What are the effects of multiple drugs on chromagranin a levels?
I have been diagnosed with carcinoid cancer and had a very small tumor removed. My CgA levels have been, since my surgery, below 200. Recently, the number jumped to 2000. My doctor and I are trying to find out if any of the many drugs I take, in addition to my diabetes medications and insulin, can ...
- I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
More questions for: Xanax, Heartburn - chronic
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
- Celexa, xanax and restoril combo caused an immediate onset of dementia in my 79 year old father
My father has been on Celexa for years now. 2 months ago, my mother (his wife of 50 years) passed away. My father immediately had anxiety and sleeping problems that accompanied his anxiety. His doctor prescribed, on top of the Celexa, Restoril for sleep, and Xanax during the day. Over a period o ...
More reviews for: Xanax, Heartburn - chronic
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
- A study of drug interactions between Geodon, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lisinopril for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Esophageal Muscle Spasms, Heartburn (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Swallowing Difficulty
More related studies for: Xanax, Heartburn - chronic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.