Review: could Xanax cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vioxx, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 139 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,069 Xanax users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,300 Heartburn - chronic patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 139 people (0.25%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Xanax when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||15.38%||23.08%||3.85%||19.23%||11.54%||19.23%||7.69% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Xanax * :
|Heartburn - chronic||76.47%||23.53% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Xanax * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.75%||0.75%||5.26%||9.02%||20.30%||22.56%||41.35% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||4.76%||71.43%||23.81%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||70.00%||30.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (24 people, 17.27%)
- Pain (24 people, 17.27%)
- Depression (21 people, 15.11%)
- Arthritis (12 people, 8.63%)
- Muscle spasms (11 people, 7.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (33 people, 23.74%)
- Valium (26 people, 18.71%)
- Prilosec (26 people, 18.71%)
- Ambien (19 people, 13.67%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 13.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and heartburn - chronic on
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Bi-sifrol, Lorazepam, Mirtazapine, Alprazolam for a 59-year old man with Pain, Parkinsonism, Panic Disorder, Depression. The patient has Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome, Depression, Parkinsonism
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Acyclovir, Prednisone for a 45-year old man with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Bell's Palsy. The patient has Facial Edema, Eyelid Drooping, Headache, Facial Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Alprazolam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.