Review: could Xanax cause Mental disorder?
Summary: Mental disorder is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zoloft, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 598 have Mental disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Mental disorder >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,069 Xanax users)
Mental disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,984 Mental disorder patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 598 people (1.09%) have Mental Disorder.
Time on Xanax when people have Mental disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mental disorder||4.48%||1.49%||2.99%||20.90%||53.73%||8.96%||7.46% |
Gender of people who have Mental disorder when taking Xanax * :
|Mental disorder||70.42%||29.58% |
Age of people who have Mental disorder when taking Xanax * :
|Mental disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.52%||8.93%||18.04%||19.76%||20.96%||31.79% |
Severity of Mental disorder when taking Xanax ** :
How people recovered from Mental disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (216 people, 36.12%)
- Depression (165 people, 27.59%)
- Pain (95 people, 15.89%)
- Hypertension (74 people, 12.37%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (68 people, 11.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (133 people, 22.24%)
- Lexapro (111 people, 18.56%)
- Seroquel (103 people, 17.22%)
- Neurontin (100 people, 16.72%)
- Ambien (98 people, 16.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and mental disorder on
Do you have Mental Disorder while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Mental Disorder
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Mental Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 38-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Xanax, Estazolam, Adderall Xr 20 for a 67-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Sleep Disorder, Adhd.
- A study of drug interactions between Eszopiclone, Xanax, Morphine Sulfate, Gemfibrozil for a 43-year old woman with Sleep, Anxiety Disorder, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides.
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Promethazine, Clonidine, Xanax, Wellbutrin, Prilosec, Garcinia Cambogia for a 29-year old woman with Withdrawal From Opioids, Nasuea, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Acid Reflux, Weight Loss.
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Vistaril for a 92-year old woman who has Nausea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.