Review: could Xanax cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 55,103 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from FDA and social media. Among them, 247 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Xanax and have Muscle cramps >>>
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 59,069 Xanax users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,839 Muscle cramps patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 55,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax. Among them, 249 people (0.45%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Xanax when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Xanax * :
|Muscle cramps||66.91%||33.09% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Xanax * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.40%||8.40%||20.80%||24.40%||15.20%||30.80% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Xanax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||42.86%||57.14%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (47 people, 18.88%)
- Osteoporosis (23 people, 9.24%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 6.02%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (8 people, 3.21%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (6 people, 2.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (78 people, 31.33%)
- Prevacid (45 people, 18.07%)
- Paxil (44 people, 17.67%)
- Vioxx (39 people, 15.66%)
- Soma (39 people, 15.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of xanax and muscle cramps on
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Xanax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Xanax and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Xanax
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 55-year old woman with Scleroderma. The patient has Muscle Cramps
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
Recent Xanax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Clonazepam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Luvox, Xanax for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.